cats, anyone else love them this much...

David R

This whole thread is full of people who are sick of ignoring the problems associated with cat ownership and want something done about it. How does covering my garden with netting help solve the problem? That's just a temporary fix and a waste of time, also how would this help when they don't just defecate on my gardens but my lawns, daughters trampoline, concrete path and my bark covered gardens aswell, I suppose I should cover all of them with netting aswell?

Why bother? You can't be bothering to cover your garden why bother with those other things. Seems your complaining for nothing, put up or s**t up.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see anywhere in my post which mentions me poisoning cats? But yeah I

I do like the end result.

Must be a family trait?? If only the SPCA and such organizations had knowledge what these kind of people do willingly and gloat about, how they can be trusted with fish one never knows??? One can only hope that karma will be dealt to spineless thugs.

Why bother? You can't be bothering to cover your garden why bother with those other things. Seems your complaining for nothing, put up or s**t up.

That doesn't even make sense, people like you are the reason people like me do not like cats, what a crap attitude you have. You as a cat owner should be the one making sure your cat doesn't come into someone else's yard and if you do not you should be liable for the damages it causes.

How would you like it if I came into your yard and crapped all over your lawns etc. Oh that's right you would just put up some netting to deter me, yeah right!

I don't know why I am bothering so this will be the last post I make in this thread, guess I'll just put up and shut up about it.

That doesn't even make sense, people like you are the reason people like me do not like cats, what a crap attitude you have. You as a cat owner should be the one making sure your cat doesn't come into someone else's yard and if you do not you should be liable for the damages it causes.

How would you like it if I came into your yard and crapped all over your lawns etc. Oh that's right you would just put up some netting to deter me, yeah right!

I don't know why I am bothering so this will be the last post I make in this thread, guess I'll just put up and shut up about it.

Why blame cat owners for your way of thinking, surely you as an adult can make your own decision to like or dislike cats which isn't based on others thoughts? But apparently not. Perhaps suggest how one would control a cat since you asked this of me? As for you crapping on my lawn, I would not need to control you as I believe you would be arrested for indecent exposure....*gag*

Surely you don't need the government to tell that you or your pets have no right to excrete all over other peoples property---that is just common sense.

If ever the ridiculous law is passed that cats are to be caged, which I sincerely doubt will, then I will adhere to such a law and become a "responsible" cat owner. The common sense would be for the gardeners to ALSO take responsibility since they are the ones that have the issue NOT the cat owners. Clearly that isn't going to happen.

most local councils have bylaws to cover animals in your care annoying neighbours etc.

from wellington council http://www.wellington.govt.nz/plans/bylaws/animals.html

being the owner or having the care, custody, or control of any animal, does not confine it adequately to prevent it from straying on to any road; trespassing on any land or reaching into or over any residential property or public land.

Nuisance refers to the dictionary definition (a person, thing, or circumstance causing trouble or annoyance; anything harmful or offensive to the community or a member of it and for which a legal remedy exists) or to a statutory nuisance as defined in Section 29 of the Health Act 1956.

Animal has the meaning defined in the Animal Welfare Act 1999 and means any live member of the animal kingdom that is a mammal, a bird or any other member of the animal kingdom which is declared from time to time by the Governor-General, by Order in Council, to be an animal.

http://www.hastingsdc.govt.nz/bylaws-pa ... pingofCats

9.0 Keeping of Cats

9.1 No person shall keep more than four cats over the age of six months on any section. Where two or more dwellinghouses are contained on one section no person shall keep more than two cats over the age of six months in any household. For three or more dwellinghouses on one section no person shall keep more than one cat over the age of six months in any dwellinghouse.

9.2 In the event of a nuisance caused by cats, it shall be the duty of the owner to do such work or reduce the number of cats to abate any nuisance, upon notice being served upon him or her by the Council. In the case of neglect or refusal on the part of such owner to comply with, execute, or do such work or reduce the number of cats, such owner commits an offence against this Part of this Bylaw. In such a case Council may remove such cats as an Animal Control Officer deems necessary to abate the nuisance.

9.3 No person shall establish or maintain any hospital, boarding or breeding establishment for cats except on a site approved by a resource consent from the Council issued under the Resource Management Act 1991 and subject to such conditions as it may think fit to impose.