Fish room build

camtang

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your garage looks like Caryl's. Her husband couldn't bear to throw out all his stuff so she had to build a bigger space :rolfl:

Fair enough. More room, more stuff. That could be deadly for anyone with MTS

it looks like the ute is holding up the garage...

Pretty darn close to it, the grape vine is helping it a bit as well

I have done it, I did it on that Monday as well, I just havnt taken photos yet. Much tidyer and a heap of junk got the biff. I still have to do round do and maybe 3. I just cant bring myself to get rid of the ute.

Any chance you can incorporate it into a new tank design or even turn it into a cool UTE tank. Like those ATM guys on the telly have done?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Question, If I instal a air pump/air compressor to run filtration is it better to instal inside the room in the warmth or outside the room in the cold part of the garage? I would think in summer it would not make a difference but would it change the temp of the tanks in the winter?

I built a fish house many moons ago and put the air pump in the garage next door for a number of reasons. It was noisy, it takes very little energy to heat air compared to water and in a heavily loaded fish room there is usually a lot of ammonia and waste smells and best not to recycle that back through the tanks. Whenever I went into the room I would leave the door open to flush the air for a while.

I have put mine inside the fish room because, they are super quiet, the fish room is a stand alone building that I don't really want to drill holes in to run the power and air conducts through, I didn't want to build a waterproof / cat urine proof external structure.

Yesterday I needed to add another air pump and if I had needed to drill holes in the wall I would have been "annoyed".

If in the future I need air from the outside then I will have to drill the hole in the wall, but I will use it to bring air to the air pumps, rather than bring the air pumps to the outside air.

At the moment the air pump is inside the fish room. If I would do it again, I would put her outside for the very same reasons alanmin4304 mentioned.

With the earth heat exchanger I'm running the air inside is normaly not too bad and gets changed every 3h but I would imagine that nice clean outside air through the filter wouldn't hurt....

Cheers,

JaSa