February 22, 201313 yr Author comment_520788 your garage looks like Caryl's. Her husband couldn't bear to throw out all his stuff so she had to build a bigger space :rolfl: Fair enough. More room, more stuff. That could be deadly for anyone with MTSit looks like the ute is holding up the garage... Pretty darn close to it, the grape vine is helping it a bit as well Report
February 22, 201313 yr comment_520789 by camtang » January 5th, 2013, 12:14 pm On Monday I am going to be clearing out the garage as a start, it is going to be a 3 or 4 day job I suspect and I will take before and after photos. so... how many mondays have come and gone since you said that? Report
February 22, 201313 yr Author comment_520791 I have done it, I did it on that Monday as well, I just havnt taken photos yet. Much tidyer and a heap of junk got the biff. I still have to do round do and maybe 3. I just cant bring myself to get rid of the ute. Report
February 22, 201313 yr comment_520794 I have done it, I did it on that Monday as well, I just havnt taken photos yet. Much tidyer and a heap of junk got the biff. I still have to do round do and maybe 3. I just cant bring myself to get rid of the ute. Any chance you can incorporate it into a new tank design or even turn it into a cool UTE tank. Like those ATM guys on the telly have done? Report
February 22, 201313 yr comment_520802 turn it into a nice backyard ornament, kiwiana style. be sure never to mow around it. Report
February 22, 201313 yr Author comment_520803 Haha been there done that.My yard holds a large amount of vechiles if done correctly. 4 on the back lawn, 1 on the concret pad, 1 in the garage, 3 in the drive, 2 on the front lawn, 2 on the road side edge. ohhh the memories before fatherhood Report
June 8, 201313 yr Author comment_530384 Yes, I finaly found a buyer for the ute. It should be gone in 3-4 weeks so this can then finaly progress. Report
March 13, 201412 yr Author comment_547274 So well over a year since I started this, but finally this weekend I am getting a builder in to measure up the frames for us to knock up and a sparkie in early next week to quote me a price for the wire up. :happy2: Report
March 16, 201412 yr Author comment_547401 Wish I had a garage :cry1: You are welcome to put some tanks in my garage..... Report
March 16, 201412 yr comment_547414 You are welcome to put some tanks in my garage..... :thup: Nothing good can come from this. Report
March 16, 201412 yr Author comment_547422 :thup: Nothing good can come from this. Stop being so responsible Report
March 17, 201412 yr comment_547448 I would have bought that 1000ltr that was available a month ago if I had of known about your garage fish room. If you need a hand with building anything I'm keen to help. Report
March 17, 201412 yr comment_547449 So well over a year since I started this, but finally this weekend I am getting a builder in to measure up the frames for us to knock up and a sparkie in early next week to quote me a price for the wire up. :happy2: Do it yaself mate. Report
March 17, 201412 yr Author comment_547450 I would have bought that 1000ltr that was available a month ago if I had of known about your garage fish room. If you need a hand with building anything I'm keen to help. I shall definitely keep that in mind. Report
April 19, 201412 yr Author comment_549055 Question, If I instal a air pump/air compressor to run filtration is it better to instal inside the room in the warmth or outside the room in the cold part of the garage? I would think in summer it would not make a difference but would it change the temp of the tanks in the winter? Report
April 19, 201412 yr comment_549078 I built a fish house many moons ago and put the air pump in the garage next door for a number of reasons. It was noisy, it takes very little energy to heat air compared to water and in a heavily loaded fish room there is usually a lot of ammonia and waste smells and best not to recycle that back through the tanks. Whenever I went into the room I would leave the door open to flush the air for a while. Report
April 19, 201412 yr comment_549081 I have put mine inside the fish room because, they are super quiet, the fish room is a stand alone building that I don't really want to drill holes in to run the power and air conducts through, I didn't want to build a waterproof / cat urine proof external structure. Yesterday I needed to add another air pump and if I had needed to drill holes in the wall I would have been "annoyed". If in the future I need air from the outside then I will have to drill the hole in the wall, but I will use it to bring air to the air pumps, rather than bring the air pumps to the outside air. Report
April 19, 201412 yr comment_549085 At the moment the air pump is inside the fish room. If I would do it again, I would put her outside for the very same reasons alanmin4304 mentioned. With the earth heat exchanger I'm running the air inside is normaly not too bad and gets changed every 3h but I would imagine that nice clean outside air through the filter wouldn't hurt.... Cheers, JaSa Report
April 19, 201412 yr comment_549088 Hi Cam, I think it is recommended that you have it outside the room so the pump is always drawing clean air, although I have just got mine inside and have never had a problem Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.