the fish rooms im building *photos*

ilwis

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will prob need to insulate that. very thin

in summer during hot days, its fine. it willhelp heat tanks, but could over heat it.

winter, cold will leech in rapidly

but awesome!

thanks! im running a thread about that at the moment

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60950

im trying to decide if i went to 25mm polly (s) might be too thin or not i don't have the money to spend a massive amount on it in the beginning if i wait till i have the money for 50mm it could never get finished!

25mm poly probably will be too thin but it will help keep the drafts out. As an idea 60mm poly gives you roughly just over half the insulation of batts if you can create an air gap behind it.

Maybe you caould stick 25mm poly directly to the shed and then a batten (timber or poly) and then another layer of 25mm poly. Depending on what your requirment for a finished surface are. Poly wont really stand up to being scrubed or washed down. So you might then need a finishing liner of this.

The walls will sweat so you wont be able to put batts straight against the wall. The roof will definitely condensate particularly in winter and frosty mornings. So if you line the ceiling you will have to make sure the water has some where to run off to.

25mm poly probably will be too thin but it will help keep the drafts out. As an idea 60mm poly gives you roughly just over half the insulation of batts if you can create an air gap behind it.

Maybe you caould stick 25mm poly directly to the shed and then a batten (timber or poly) and then another layer of 25mm poly. Depending on what your requirment for a finished surface are. Poly wont really stand up to being scrubed or washed down. So you might then need a finishing liner of this.

The walls will sweat so you wont be able to put batts straight against the wall. The roof will definitely condensate particularly in winter and frosty mornings. So if you line the ceiling you will have to make sure the water has some where to run off to.

that's a really good idea do you think the 25 then gap then 25 would be better than just a 50mm poly?

also i didn't think about where it would run off too also if i stick the poly directly to the wall will it still sweat?

Did you insulate the concrete slab?

very good question and no i didn't :( if i could have afforded it i would have so in the long run ill put down flooring and insulate that, its one of those things im just going to have to live with i plan on moving within the next 2 years so for that time it has kinda made it unethical

that's a really good idea do you think the 25 then gap then 25 would be better than just a 50mm poly?

also i didn't think about where it would run off too also if i stick the poly directly to the wall will it still sweat?

I think so. Ideally you need that "stilll" air gap so using 2 layers of 25 will give your that. THe walls will be ok as any condensation between the two shoud escape down in the profile. Not sure about the roof. Either a flashing from the poly that would direct the water away off the poly or maybe remove the roof and install a roofing paper or foil that takes the condensation out over the back wall.

Not to rain on ur parade but not sure this will pass muster..

no separate ante room with own water supply and drain

seams look like can hold water as does wooden base

can't see a contained water treatment area

where will u mix chemicals store food and ppe ?

Where will ur freezer and decanting area going to be

where will u disperse treated water and your breeding area might be a bit close to ur containment area....

Or maybe its all good?

nice, is this your planned quarantine setup???

Hi, to behonest i think you will have to get a resource consent for this!!!

something about business activity within 30mtr of residentail.

what about hand basin area?

your septic tank for treatment?

in a small area, i guess you will have tank closely to each other! how you going to dealt with splashing water frome each individual tank?

spilling containate water!! how are you going to prevent it from running intoo the garden! :facepalm:

alot of things to taken into account man,,

Not to rain on ur parade but not sure this will pass muster..

no separate ante room with own water supply and drain

seams look like can hold water as does wooden base

can't see a contained water treatment area

where will u mix chemicals store food and ppe ?

Where will ur freezer and decanting area going to be

where will u disperse treated water and your breeding area might be a bit close to ur containment area....

Or maybe its all good?

you beat me to the post :sml2:

on the spot :thup: i think you need to do some more research Ilwis, after all you are dealing with maf/Pmi they are worse then drug search officer!!

hhmmm.. going back to the back row of the bench!! Jaxxnz might have to give it a go with the quarantine setup if no importer/ quarantine facility are willing to help out with speacial request order!!

given to that i did get a email from a importer willing to help import! dont really know when he will replied with quotes!! :thup:

you beat me to the post :sml2:

on the spot :thup: i think you need to do some more research Ilwis, after all you are dealing with maf/Pmi they are worse then drug search officer!!

i will be going back to MAF and asking a few questions but when i spoke to them i told them its a tin shed and they were happy with it and ive worked out there is enough room in there for all that and im not too worried about water splash from tank to tank ill have dividers up for that mixed chems can be done inside (if needed tho i don't intend on mixing any chems) freezer doesn't need to be big and treated water is delt with through the use of UV pass through filters so plenty of room and ppe can still go inside if not it wont be hard to put a 1mte by 1mtr shed in front of the door for a ante room and they seem happy so far with what Ive got

oh i will also get the permit for bis in residential and quarantine in residential

the breeding area shouldn't be a problem for location to the quarantine as they said most places have breeding rooms in the next room to there quarantine rooms

Well, top marks for optimism!

I really hope this works out for you. If you end up taking orders I think you will have a lot of interest from some people on this forum including myself :thup:

Keep smiling and stay positive :thup:

Once again, I suggest you go to the people making the decisions and get their actual requirments before you go any further.

Don't read this as negativity. We are trying to make sure that you don't pour money into the project, only to find out that you need to go back and do it again, which can be quite disheartening.

We want you to succeed.