October 28, 201213 yr comment_505509 i'll start. bristlenoses. i have one, it is named "herpes" Agreed Report
October 28, 201213 yr comment_505527 urgh.... couldn't keep a fish like that in a bare bottom tank, they need to burrow to be happy. I will say that though they don't have substrate, they have tunnels and places to hide in but lots of the time they aren't in there anyway, they're out being snakey Report
December 2, 201213 yr comment_511040 I love convicts, just really need a special setup for them, they are really cute though. have a bet with a mate atm that a breeding pair of 10cm convicts will evict a 17cm Salvini..... (one of the nastiest I have seen) he doesn't believe me.... oh well he has another tanks spare..... Report
December 2, 201213 yr Author comment_511041 convicts are choice, i've always had one. it's when you have more than one, that they not so cool... Report
December 2, 201213 yr comment_511056 We had one destroy an oscars tail by pecking at it from inside a dive helmet ordiment. Oscar was twice its size and couldn't get in to helmet to get back it it. i guess if anything they are smart. have only had white convicts. never again. i do like the look of the striped ones though Report
December 2, 201213 yr Author comment_511059 generally i buy convicts as feeder fish. on the occasion one survives to adulthood, i know it is a good convict, so i keep it. survival of the fittest iykwim Report
December 2, 201213 yr comment_511081 I love convicts! I have one male in my planted tank. They wreck havoc if you have a male and a female in the same tank. Just one of either sex is ok in a tank. Report
July 21, 201313 yr comment_534879 1+ to the goldfish vote Murdered the plants, then each other. We put the remaining ones outside in troughs and they survived until the kingfishers learnt to play go fish. Report
March 24, 201412 yr comment_547876 I have only just found this thread. Most hated fish is trout. Any kind in nz. Protected despite the damage they do to nz native animals, and DOC help with administration and promotion of the Tongariro National Trout Centre the hypocrites!. Only good one is a dead one and one that has preferably been speared! Report
March 24, 201412 yr comment_547899 i tried frying it (which was the dum idea) whole house stink !!! yuck fish ever Report
March 24, 201412 yr comment_547900 a trout is only good on a dry fly or a nymph. I know they do harm to all the native fish but I would hate to miss flyfishing here in NZ. Report
April 4, 201412 yr comment_548435 +1 for Bristlenoses. Mine is called "cat crap". He hides almost constantly, is the biggest scaredy cat ive ever seen (hides if someone talks in the same room, let alone walks past the tank), ruins any and all plants and just looks plain ugly. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.