disgustipated

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5097277343_7c4e8bbcfb.jpg

(photo from web)

The most aggressive & dominant fish I've ever had

To catch him when I had given him to someone else, it took me over an hour and I had to remove everything (plants, wood, rocks)

He then jumped out of the bag when I was tying it and landed in a shoe.

Oh and he turned my rainbow shark into a coward.

Don't miss him one bit.

Angelfish...eat everything, kill things, tore up my tank. :an!gry

Despise.

Stupid Stupid.

The most aggressive & dominant fish I've ever had

To catch him when I had given him to someone else, it took me over an hour and I had to remove everything (plants, wood, rocks)

He then jumped out of the bag when I was tying it and landed in a shoe.

Oh and he turned my rainbow shark into a coward.

Don't miss him one bit.

Ooh yes, little buggers. Had a massive fat grey one who got stuck in the ornament chasing after my rams and 'drowned' I guess. Unfortunate, but he was impossible to catch too LOL :facepalm:

Kribensis, I will never again make the mistake of thinking they are a good community fish. Every single one I have had has had some sort of anger problem even the juvies are mean. They have to be the hardest fish to catch as well, as soon as I take the lids off the tank they are gone from sight, the last ones I got rid of I had to completely empty the tank and then scoop them out as they were "beached". :an!gry

Re the Kribensis. My brother had to catch one out of his tank cause it was terrorising everything in its path. He too had to finally empty out most of the water, put the other fish in another tank. He was so angry by the end of it, that when he FINALLY caught it, he threw it out of the window (2 stories up) he felt real bad once he calmed down

:facepalm:

Re the Kribensis. My brother had to catch one out of his tank cause it was terrorising everything in its path. He too had to finally empty out most of the water, put the other fish in another tank. He was so angry by the end of it, that when he FINALLY caught it, he threw it out of the window (2 stories up) he felt real bad once he calmed down

:facepalm:

New species of flying fish :digH:

I hate those red parrot's ugly lil suckers....

strangely enough I love the Algae eaters, great personality if with decent tank mates.

also hate the Golden Kuhli's (Pangio anguillaris) impossible to catch and you never see them (Thought mine had dies 6 months ago never saw it even after a full tank teardown/ reset, it survived a full gravel wash, turned up the other day abou 4cm bigger)

Kribensis, I will never again make the mistake of thinking they are a good community fish. Every single one I have had has had some sort of anger problem even the juvies are mean. They have to be the hardest fish to catch as well, as soon as I take the lids off the tank they are gone from sight, the last ones I got rid of I had to completely empty the tank and then scoop them out as they were "beached". :an!gry

+1 - I had 2 juvies in their own tank, one grew bigger than the other and started terrorising the smaller one so put bigger one in community tank and it terrorised fish in there - killed my huge female swordtail and then started on discus when swordtail died. She got thrown into my monster tank and seems to be happy there - certainly not picking on anything (as they'll bite back, hehe) :wink:

The first time I tried to catch her was impossible, so I tried a calm and quiet method and snapped her up first pop - could have been just lucky though.

The smaller juvie is now in the community tank and no issues with the other fish - clearly has a quieter personality and knows how to play nice :thup:

I dislike goldfish and think they are only good for ponds.

Other than that i don't hate any fish. From what ive read, people have only hated these fish because they didnt know what the fish naturally are like. Kribs are territorial, yes. Angelfish can destroy and eat everything, yes.

Red parrots are ugly, i agree! :slfg:

But in saying that i to had some angel fish that ate all my BN fry after they hatched before i could remove them! They were sold the next day. :facepalm: but i didn't hate them. It wass a lesson learnt and the last angelfish in my tank.

I dislike goldfish and think they are only good for ponds.

Other than that i don't hate any fish. From what ive read, people have only hated these fish because they didnt know what the fish naturally are like. Kribs are territorial, yes. Angelfish can destroy and eat everything, yes.

Red parrots are ugly, i agree! :slfg:

But in saying that i to had some angel fish that ate all my BN fry after they hatched before i could remove them! They were sold the next day. :facepalm: but i didn't hate them. It wass a lesson learnt and the last angelfish in my tank.

that's a good point cuz but the fact is, hate is something that is usually totally unjustified, unfair, bias and unreasonable. it's just the nature of hate.

unless it's hating gambusia... then it's really justified...

not to mention the damage goldfish and koi have also done to our native fish and waterways....

*!#$%*!!!

8)

that's a good point cuz but the fact is, hate is something that is usually totally unjustified, unfair, bias and unreasonable. it's just the nature of hate.

Yes the krib annoyed me, but I wasn't angry with it to the point I'd go chucking it out the window though, geez! :-?

I'm with F15hguy, hate those red parrots. They look like 2 different species of fish have been stuck together - badly.

Isn't that what they are lol? or am I misinformed :dunno:

+1 though, horrible nasty fish. We had one female who kept laying eggs everywhere, disrupted the whole tank, killed many a fish...but not the kribs...never the kribs..