whose eggs are these?

Sophia

IMG_1707_zpsd918c744.jpg

Found these laying under a hibiscus bush in our garden, essentially in the middle of the lawn. They seem too big for all birds I've seen around here - blackbirds, sparrows, minah birds, starlings, wild parrots, but not big enough to be duck eggs, who I have seen about half a KM away. My only suggested theory is that a hedgehog rolled them there after stealing them from the nest of a hairy mammoth.

those multi coloured ones that fly about chattering, these I think

175055-bigthumbnail.jpg

Rosellas.

Don't see any of the native parrots often, unfortunately.:( Be awesome to have kakapos running around everywhere.:) Of course, they'd be need to be genetically engineered with giant teeth and claws to fight cats and dogs off with.

Be awesome to have kakapos running around everywhere.:) Of course, they'd be need to be genetically engineered with giant teeth and claws to fight cats and dogs off with.

Adult kakapo are pretty much indestructible, it's the young and juvenile that are weak and die easily.

Don't see any of the native parrots often, unfortunately.

Get them in big enough numbers and they would out dominate the exotics.