Who has the Biggest Pleco in New Zealand?

jamosfish

I have a 20cm Royal

Will put pics up later

I'm sure that there are plenty of commons and Sailfins around much bigger than that!

Yeah, mine is something like 35-40 measured to the base of his tail and he's about average, certainly not a big one.

they do have long tails, i would say their tail section is same as body/torso. they are a weird shaped pleco, i have one too.

but yeah, forearm is good, you can just compare and then measure your forearm as to where it ends from finger tip lol

or a measuring tape lol

but yeah, forearm is good, you can just compare and then measure your forearm as to where it ends from finger tip lol

or a measuring tape lol

I don't always carry a measuring tape around for when the plec decides to sit in a convenient position.

I do usually carry around my forearm though.

I don't always carry a measuring tape around for when the plec decides to sit in a convenient position.

I do usually carry around my forearm though.

But if you are usually carrying around your forearm how is any one else supposed to use it to measure there pleco?

Hot damn thats a good sized L14 KP!! Would love to see an in-tank pic of it looking nice and unstressed. Any idea how old, how long have you had it?

I purchased it as a fingerling from Animal Antics in Tauranga when I was there for a work seminar in November 2008.

I will try for an in tank photo but I don't see it out very often now that its older.

I've got a couple of plecos at the 20 cm mark. My goldies aren't as big as KP's but the two biggest have just hit the 20 cm mark. I've also got a couple of leopard cactus plecos that large.

What ever happened to the titanic plecos (Panaque schaeferi, L203) that came in a while ago as Papa Panaques? They reportedly get to 60 cm and they should be getting to a good size now.

2286201840100841066S500x500Q85.jpg

What ever happened to the titanic plecos (Panaque schaeferi, L203) that came in a while ago as Papa Panaques? They reportedly get to 60 cm and they should be getting to a good size now.

Nice L14s!! I think despite their large potential size the L203 still grow fairly slowly, would take years and a huge tank to get them anywhere near 2'.