Who has the Biggest Pleco in New Zealand?

jamosfish

I think despite their large potential size the L203 still grow fairly slowly, would take years and a huge tank to get them anywhere near 2'.

you may well be right but there are a great fish for those with very large tanks and even if they only got to a foot they would still be impressive. They must also come close to being the biggest pleco available in New Zealand

I've got a couple of plecos at the 20 cm mark. My goldies aren't as big as KP's but the two biggest have just hit the 20 cm mark. I've also got a couple of leopard cactus plecos that large.

What ever happened to the titanic plecos (Panaque schaeferi, L203) that came in a while ago as Papa Panaques? They reportedly get to 60 cm and they should be getting to a good size now.

2286201840100841066S500x500Q85.jpg

nice fish !drool:

Nice red spot. They look great when they get big.

Yeah, was gutted I had to get rid of him. Damn boss wouldn't let me use him as a reason to get a much larger tank at the time :spop:

I quote " your not spending another !@#$%^ $1000 or so on a !@#$%^ fish that cost you $20 !@#$%^ dollars", should really see about washing her mouth out with soap I guess, then again my fish and I kind of need a nice warm place to live so maybe not lol.