August 21, 201115 yr comment_451427 Lets start a thread of links to the best planted tank pictures/links on the web. Probably best if we don't have comments other than a simple heading (see my examples below) as it makes trawling through pages and pages a real pain. Worst comes to worst I can copy the links up to the start. I'll keep adding as I come across those perfect tanks 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XCOzLIip0QU/SWeFLMul-XI/AAAAAAAAC00/0YqN9_mnpjs/s1600-h/PVD350L.jpg 7. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XCOzLIip0QU/R8aMoj_LkHI/AAAAAAAAA94/w72ujGdKh8s/s1600-h/20080227_1280x800.jpg 8. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XCOzLIip0QU/Rp_mz9bGHJI/AAAAAAAAAU4/7i_xc1pHkqI/s1600-h/20070719_1.jpg Report
August 21, 201115 yr comment_451442 Source: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/tank-journals-photo-album/34634-behemoth-1600-gallon-planted-tank-29.html Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_451524 http://www.aquajournal.net/suikei_data/001/index.html http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/aquascaping/56945-90-45-45-a.html http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/nano-aquariums/65081-ada-mini-m-simple.html Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_451556 Source: http://www.amanotakashi.net/portfolio/nature_aquarium/index.html Report
August 23, 201115 yr comment_451669 Source: http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/aspiring-aquascapers/2833-all-my-little-work.html Report
August 23, 201115 yr comment_451690 http://bubblesaquarium.com/Aquascape/Aquascape%20Front%20PageF1.htm http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/tank-journals-photo-album/105857-elmos-40b-sandy-oasis-update-8-a-12.html http://www.aquajournal.net/suikei_data/index.html Report
August 23, 201115 yr comment_451692 Hmm tempting to set up one of those mini nano planted, do you reckon there heated? Report
August 24, 201115 yr comment_451842 Hmm tempting to set up one of those mini nano planted, do you reckon there heated? Just breathe on it :sml1: Report
August 24, 201115 yr comment_451859 I read his blog "... in these tanks as small non-use or co2 or filtration, just a few drops of fertilizer in each water change (every 3 days), and small snails to keep clean. As light a lamp 3 w " I think he meant non-use of co2 or filtration. So just a 3 W lamp basically 8) Report
August 24, 201115 yr comment_451862 The Java fern and Lemna will do fine in an unheated tank. You can get the heat pads for pets that you can sit your tank on, but I am not sure how you would regulate the temperature. There was one in the lps with a sub 1litre tank and a betta in it, but I felt the tank and thought it was possibly too warm. Report
September 25, 201115 yr comment_455587 http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/tank-journals-photo-album/138339-150g-rio-orinoco-30.html Report
September 25, 201115 yr comment_455662 man makes me want to do a planted tank, been sittiogn on the fence for ages (my version of reef but FW) .... Report
October 26, 201114 yr comment_459450 And my Mossy Favorites: http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=album&album_id=90 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=album&album_id=82 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=album&album_id=100 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=album&album_id=83 Report
November 20, 201114 yr comment_462312 Best ADA Mini-M (360x220x260mm) I've ever seen !drool: It has ADA Solar Mini-M lighting, ADA Amazonia Powder, ADA ferts, Eheim Classic 2211 for the filter. KH 7, GH 4, NO3 1-5ppm, PO4 0-0.25ppm. It has only four plants - Hydrocotyle dissecta, Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae, Eleocharis acicularis and Hemianthus callitrichoides, and is stocked with Ember Tetras, Hyphessobrycon amandae. Report
November 20, 201114 yr comment_462314 Is this an Amano tank? The one thing you have to remember is that the lighting he uses for the photographs is not the same as those that are on the tank normally, so what you see in most of his photographs is not how they look most of the time. Report
November 20, 201114 yr comment_462319 Imo that tank isn't the best ive seen. Is this an Amano tank? The one thing you have to remember is that the lighting he uses for the photographs is not the same as those that are on the tank normally, so what you see in most of his photographs is not how they look most of the time. Very true. Report
November 20, 201114 yr comment_462322 @Zev, No it's not an Amano, it's by a guy called Radek Baszak Also I don't like it because of the whether it has special lighting for photography or not, but because of the composition of the layout and how it is really effective and it makes great use of such a small space :thup: @Li@m, No it's not the best tank I've ever seen either, just the best Mini-M I've ever seen A Mini-M is a dimension that Amano commonly uses for a lot of his nanos, and it is a very popular size that a lot of people overseas use. It measures 360x220x260mm. Report
November 20, 201114 yr comment_462323 Hmmm, im thinking of getting a nano made up out of opti clear glass. maybe this size will be good. Report
November 23, 201114 yr comment_462591 thats cool.. :thup: i bet they spent hours to get that tank that way... 8) Report
February 25, 201214 yr comment_473978 This has to be the best tank I've ever seen !drool: Only thing that I think really lets it down is the colour of the gravel - he should have used pale sand instead. You can see more photos here - http://www.pbase.com/plantella/750_liter_layout_by_oliver_knott Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_474004 WOW! I love everything about that tank! It's delicious! !drool: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.