The What's Up? thread.

SamH

my missus makes the best carrot cake using the pulp from the juicer, adds a lemon just to zing it up, it rocks

Are you sure it's "the best" have you tryed every single carrot cake recipe ever made? If you have she must make one hell of a good carrot cake and you must be one hell of a carot cake connoisseur. I however suspect you have not tryed them all nor will you ever. To try and prove this claim of "the best" I feel you should send me some cake, and let me be the judge on the best carrot cake in camtangs mind scale. I shall PM you my address. I will expect the cake at my house by this time next week :sml2:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cake now made and iced - of course with cream cheese icing. Carrot cake isn't carrot cake without the cream cheese! It also has lemon (I like a hint of lemon in a carrot cake) and is sprinkled with crushed walnuts. I shall try and remember to get a photo of the birthday boy with his cake this evening. Have to eat it all tonight as we head away on tour tomorrow and I don't think it will fit in the car. :happy2:

My Licorice Gouramis have coloured up and I'm pretty sure that they're Parosphromenus bintan :thup:

Also I figured out how to sex them; when they spread their fins the tips of the females dorsal fins are rounded and they are pointy on the males. The females also don't have as much blue.

Hello from Cromwell. We have passed quite a few bodies of water (Lake Tekapo and Lake Pukaki among them) but not seen any fishes. Not that we looked hard!

Went to the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre at The Hermitage by Mt Cook. We will have to believe them about the mountain as it was raining hard and very foggy so we couldn't see any majestic alpine anythings.

Heading to Dunedin tomorrow and will be going on to Invercargill later in the week. Must check up on what Godly3vil is doing with all the plants! Perhaps a surprise inspection is in order :wink: