What am I doing wrong?

Fishie123

Hello Everyone,

When I took a long break from my 1200L tank. I bought a Juwel rio 180. I just got the tank up and running last week friday. I've always wanted to have an heavy planted tank. I have tried that before but I made a mistake by adding yoyo loaches.

I have 5 Amazon Swords, 1 Tiger Lotus, 3 Dwarf and 1 random plant. I bought 2 t5 florescent bulb lights ("Daylight & White") with reflectors. I have 1 bag of Seachem Flourite and mixed it with some gravel. My lights are left on 24/7. And I add once a day Flourish Excel and Seachem Flourish Potassium.

So far from my daily observation, my plants looks like they are dying as their leafs are coming darker and darker. I was wondering what I am doing wrong? Should I add one more bag of Seachem Flourite? Please share your experience and advice please.

Thank you.

My planted 900L tank has 2x58w flouro's (household type ) I add absolutely nothing and my lights are on 12hrs per day. Plants include Tiger lotus, swords,vallis,dwarf sag,stargrass,ambulia and crypts. All are thriving. I believe keeping things simple usually means less problems.

I agree with jim r. I also recently started a planted tank, and in just a month its a jungle in there. All I did was added the plants into my gravel and leave my lights on during the day. I added no special fertilizers or anything like that. All the best for you, its a very nice feeling if your plants start growing and looking all nice :love: