guppies post your pics

myfishybuisness

Pic 3 is a first generation cross from the male in pic 2,a german yellow tail with a virgin female

They are very similar but not close enough,but I have 1 month old fry from these

This generation should be a lot closer to the original fathers colours,we'll see

• 1 month later...
Here's a strain I have swimming around.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/sjoestedi/Guppies/RedHead1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/sjoestedi/Guppies/RedHeadGuppy.jpg/quote:1yhm0w3o

hey i no that starain ( dorl on trademe?) and i have found a male to riveral those hes nearly full red, im crossing with an albino to hopfully get full red albino

Bad pictures, but I chucked 2 of my boys together to get a couple of shots for ya. Largest one is my old strain, with 4 of my albino females he produces nearly full orange bodied high fin albino's, beautiful little fish once developed.

Smaller male is a new strain I'm working on, yellow bodied, blue/green fins.

I love how albino change colour depending on the lighting and angle.

DSCF3123.jpg

DSCF3132.jpg

DSCF3133.jpg

DSCF3141.jpg

Well I was planning taking anyone interested out on a fishing trip to mayor island. But I have been so super busy later I have not had a chance to organise anything. But your welcome to come and have a jack at my 2 remaining community tanks, as well as the guppy breeders. There isn't much to look at anymore my bad back pretty much stripped me of all the goodies I had.

If you can handle the bogan way of life it will be a pleasure to hang out though P44, it will be a pleasure to meet you finally, that goes for all of you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty quiet here so I thought I add some of my guppies...

This one here has got the base colour Blue ('rr' which means no Red can be shown on body - not sure which blue it is since there is more then one known):

RZA62D.jpg 5V4C9D.jpg D34S8.jpg

Old boy by now but together with a few albino-blond ('aabb') females to hopefully create basecolour White ('aabbrr' - only 1 out of 15 fish in theory) in F2. I found him in the feeder tank full of "cold water guppies" and since I never saw this basecolour before in NZ I bought him. Because there was no maching female I first put him together with a blond female and these are a few sons of him in F2 ('bbrr'):

QXS284.jpg MJ7PWQ.jpg HKHKP.jpg EFDLPP.jpg

My goal is to have a short finned White guppy with only the iridophores showing a silver-white glitter on the body.

Then I have a few Albino Guppies swimming around:

8EADY9.jpg A9WZ8G.jpg

Don't like the long tails but the strain is very healthy and is a good source of the albino-gen to play with. Not really selecting them at the moment and they just take care of themselfes.

No Guppies but nice anyway - my 'Bleeding Heart' Platy's:

122BY2.jpg 92NQ98.jpg

Quality of the females is bad but I have to secure this strain before I start selecting for best colour and pattern. Long term goal is to get the albino-gen from swordtails and have a "Albino Bleeding Heart" Platy.

And of course favourites - the cute Leopard Fish:

6PWB47.jpg D4NJJ9.jpg

Will post more pictures if one of the rare White Guppies gets finally dropped and makes it to adult stage...

Cheers,

JaSa

The top pictures are most defiantly triple/quadruple recessive guppies, are they very inbreed or do they had a mutation in them to make them so??

As I said, I bought the male from the first three pictures so no information on his status, sorry :(

His sons in F2 are with a not related blond female and to get the rare one (double recessive) I had to cross sisters with brothers from F1. So all up I wouldn't call them inbreed - yet. But I will keep lines from now on to experiment and achive tripple recessive = 'White' or sometimes called 'Super White' - depending which "Blue" is used...

Thanks for your answer & liking my fish,

JaSa

PS:

This is where most of the breeding is done atm:

TDHS5A.jpg

and this is where the new fishroom goes:

NNSWY7.jpg