March 11, 201115 yr comment_425506 yr 2k was not about the end of the world as I recall?something about a breakdown of anything computer orientated and asociated mayhem? As for 2012 let`s just wait and see,not long to go now,you can almost count the sleeps? Report
March 11, 201115 yr comment_425515 yr 2k was not about the end of the world as I recall?something about a breakdown of anything computer orientated and asociated mayhem? As for 2012 let`s just wait and see,not long to go now,you can almost count the sleeps? I'm still hoping for zombies in 2012. I need to stock up on buckshot though. Report
March 11, 201115 yr comment_425517 I'm still hoping for zombies in 2012. I need to stock up on buckshot though. Zombies! My friends and I have it all figured out Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425563 Taupo is an active volcano. Not a terribly scary one though. Doesn't bother me like the idea of a Tsunami. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425569 Not a terribly scary one though. Taupo's on the list of potentially civilization ending supervolcanos. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425570 I highly doubt it'll explode in my lifetime. I'll take my chances. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425573 Taupo's on the list of potentially civilization ending supervolcanos. lol yea last time that place went off it sent ash all the way to china made ruapehu's effort in 1995 and 1996 look like a kid playing with a cap gun Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425576 The last eruption was 1800 years ago. I have faith that I will be dead before it goes again. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425578 If yellowstone caldera blows we are all screwed :nilly: its overdue Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425588 2012 is when all the planets and the Milky Way galaxy align. The gravitational pull from the planets and the galaxy and solar radiation from the sun is supposed to make the Earth rotate around it's own core and cause massive tsunamis, earthquakes, eruptions and changes in climate. Apparently from what I have read Aussie may be swamped, but NZ will be pushed higher out of the water. So hopefully we'll be OK. But I still can't bear the thought of a tsumani, and I hate living in Blenheim - Blenheim is just a giant flat plain surrounded by hills, so it's basically like a bowl. What's the story with water + bowls... :tears: Her's some other stuff that I have read... http://blog.2012pro.com/2012/how-to-sur ... -australia http://www.shtfplan.com/forecasting/ger ... s_10142009 Everyone seems to have different opinions on what may happen. I just hope it is like Y2K and everything stays the same. I still haven't got my high-tech tank with metal halides and pressurised CO2 yet, and if this happens I may never get the chance to do this ever again :tears: If I survive I'll be stuffed - I'd have nothing to live for :tears: ... Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425590 While all you guys worry about the END, I am going outside to enjoy the sunshine. What are you gonna do if it does happen? Thats right nothing you can do. Why worry about something you dont have control over. Enjoy life and get on with it. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425591 2012 is when all the planets and the Milky Way galaxy align. That's one hell of a lot of planets that align :facepalm: Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425594 its just the next Y2K all that will happen is the gullible will go out and spend $$$$'s on useless things like tinfoil hats to protect them from increased solar radiation and self inflating dinghy's that are "guaranteed" to not sink and ride the incoming tsunami's like a surfer does a wave. all the earthquakes that have been occurring in NZ, Japan and today's one in Tonga are all from 1 tectonic plate, it would seem to me that that tectonic plate has finally decided that it it has to shift again this happens from time to time lol 1993 -1996 was also a period of time that had a lot of tectonic movement, there was a massive quake in japan that killed over 3000 people and mt ruapehu erupted, white island went nutty and there was increased frequency of earthquakes in the ring of fire region where NZ sits. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425601 plate tectonics are so much fun OH yea, it can be quite funny when you see people getting all worked up about the world ending. because there was a massive quake here and then a few weeks later there was one over there, then when you look into it the two places are on different ends of the same tectonic plate, a really simple way of describing it is put a stick on the floor, push 1 end of it and the other end will move aswell same thing's happening with the tectonic plates, unfortunately they cause abit more destruction than a stick sliding on the floor although if you were to read into the butterfly effect you would never breath easy again and wince every time a butterfly fly's past the window. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425602 That's one hell of a lot of planets that align :facepalm: :lol: I meant all the planets in our solar system Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425614 Well, since the world is coming to an end, we might as well follow conventional wisdom and remember to put on clean underwear. That way, come bus or tsunami, volcano or earthquake, Tom Cruise on a spaceship or zombie invasion, we can rest assured that we've done our due diligence. :happy2: Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425660 :facepalm: &c:ry :lol: :facepalm: &c:ry :lol: :facepalm: &c:ry :lol: :facepalm: &c:ry :lol: :facepalm: &c:ry :lol: Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_425690 :lol: I meant all the planets in our solar system From NASA: Q: Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth? A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence. Report
March 14, 201115 yr comment_425863 From NASA: Quote: Q: Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth? A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence. Finally, some decent information from some space experts! That makes me feel a lot better Thanks for that Ira Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.