phoenix44

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yr 2k was not about the end of the world as I recall?something about a breakdown of anything computer orientated and asociated mayhem?

As for 2012 let`s just wait and see,not long to go now,you can almost count the sleeps?

I'm still hoping for zombies in 2012. I need to stock up on buckshot though.

2012 is when all the planets and the Milky Way galaxy align. The gravitational pull from the planets and the galaxy and solar radiation from the sun is supposed to make the Earth rotate around it's own core and cause massive tsunamis, earthquakes, eruptions and changes in climate. Apparently from what I have read Aussie may be swamped, but NZ will be pushed higher out of the water. So hopefully we'll be OK. But I still can't bear the thought of a tsumani, and I hate living in Blenheim - Blenheim is just a giant flat plain surrounded by hills, so it's basically like a bowl. What's the story with water + bowls... :tears:

Her's some other stuff that I have read...

http://blog.2012pro.com/2012/how-to-sur ... -australia

http://www.shtfplan.com/forecasting/ger ... s_10142009

Everyone seems to have different opinions on what may happen. I just hope it is like Y2K and everything stays the same. I still haven't got my high-tech tank with metal halides and pressurised CO2 yet, and if this happens I may never get the chance to do this ever again :tears: If I survive I'll be stuffed - I'd have nothing to live for :tears: ...

its just the next Y2K all that will happen is the gullible will go out and spend $$$$'s on useless things like tinfoil hats to protect them from increased solar radiation and self inflating dinghy's that are "guaranteed" to not sink and ride the incoming tsunami's like a surfer does a wave.

all the earthquakes that have been occurring in NZ, Japan and today's one in Tonga are all from 1 tectonic plate, it would seem to me that that tectonic plate has finally decided that it it has to shift again this happens from time to time lol 1993 -1996 was also a period of time that had a lot of tectonic movement, there was a massive quake in japan that killed over 3000 people and mt ruapehu erupted, white island went nutty and there was increased frequency of earthquakes in the ring of fire region where NZ sits.

plate tectonics are so much fun

OH yea, it can be quite funny when you see people getting all worked up about the world ending. because there was a massive quake here and then a few weeks later there was one over there, then when you look into it the two places are on different ends of the same tectonic plate, a really simple way of describing it is put a stick on the floor, push 1 end of it and the other end will move aswell :o same thing's happening with the tectonic plates, unfortunately they cause abit more destruction than a stick sliding on the floor although if you were to read into the butterfly effect you would never breath easy again and wince every time a butterfly fly's past the window.

Well, since the world is coming to an end, we might as well follow conventional wisdom and remember to put on clean underwear. That way, come bus or tsunami, volcano or earthquake, Tom Cruise on a spaceship or zombie invasion, we can rest assured that we've done our due diligence. :happy2:

:lol: I meant all the planets in our solar system :wink:

From NASA:

Q: Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?

A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

From NASA:

Quote:

Q: Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?

A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

Finally, some decent information from some space experts! That makes me feel a lot better :)

Thanks for that Ira :)