naming your fish.

disgustipated

I'm still convinced there is a STARGATE connection.. so i did a little google:

Ba'al - one of the stargate system lords

Anubis - a powerful Goua'ld system lord.. he replaces apophis as the main enemy.

Loki - part of the asgard (these guys look like your skinny , big headed , black eyed aliens) , he abducted humans from Earth

Thor - commander of the asgard fleet

Kree... ??? but "shel kree" means shut up in Jaffa (Tealcs race)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kree is the Goa'uld word for 'Attention'.

so it is.

http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Kree

Kree

Goa'uld term with several possible meanings, depending on context, including "listen up," "attention," "concentrate," or "yoo-hoo!" The term is commonly used by Goa'uld, Jaffa and Tok'ra in authority to call their men to attention. 

so ... are we looking at Stargate names???

I think the original source for the names would be your list from before, or is Stargate older than Greek Mythlogy? :lol:

nope - but that combination of names clearly made me think of stargate .. and as it turns out I was right!

• 4 months later...

Just name all of them Nemo :lol:

Well I have named all mine so far but I don't have a lot and I can (I think lol )tell them all apart. There are two that look almost identical so I forget which is which. But the rest are so different I couldn't get them mixed up.

Names- Tiny, Nemo (named by the kids lol), Longtail or Rainbow... depending on who you ask lol, Dorothy or Sunshine depends on who you ask, Tiger, Spot, Rosie. Tiny and Nemo are my minnows and the rest are guppies.

• 1 month later...
just got myself a 45cm black ghost knife fish.. wondering what to name him. he's pretty active, even during the day, and he has already owned my two big oscars, they stepped down to him hard... his face looks so much like a dog it's awesome. great fish. name suggestions anyone?

45cm!

any pics?

just got myself a 45cm black ghost knife fish.. wondering what to name him. he's pretty active, even during the day, and he has already owned my two big oscars, they stepped down to him hard... his face looks so much like a dog it's awesome. great fish. name suggestions anyone?

Mack the Knife :lol:

• 2 months later...

My school of Tiger Barbs are called just that

My pair of Striata Loaches are called just that

My MTS are all named "Snail Face"

My Bristlenose is named Burt aka Burtie. I think I have given her a complex by giving her a boys name. She received the name when she was very small so not my fault. :slfg:

I had a Rainbow Shark called Sharkie but had to give him up.

• 10 months later...

I have 2 sand gobies called Fatso and Skinso

3 shrimp, named Candy, Cane, and Abel

Annette & James the snails

beardy the Chiton

"The mouth" is what I call the anenome.

I also name many of the fish at work once I get their personality

have Tiger woods the BGK, cus when he eats he looks like a golfball... and he's black

Xena the Severum cuz she protects me for the male

Stripper the Banded leporonis, a lil Kid told me it was a real "Stripper" fish

plus heaps more.

I think its worse though when a customer comes in and I'm talking to them :facepalm: