Conference, Tauranga, 2011

Caryl

We have just booked our accommodation, filled in and sent our reg forms off, and DC'd the money. :happy2:

Looking forward to conference :bounce:

Don't leave it until the last minute to book anything.

See who you can share with to save costs - accommodation, travel etc.

We will be driving up. If anyone needs picking up along the way it may be arranged :wink:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bring baby with you - I'm sure there'll be lots of willing volunteers to babysit :D

He will be 5 weeks old(assuming he arrives on time, which he prob wont). A bit too young to cart across the countryside.

Its a lot of money on a single income. Just the fuel costs are more than have spare.

I do want to go but I need to be realistic about it.

Family can't decide whether to go or not.

But at least the hotel is walking distance to town, and there is a really nice fish n chip shop by the wharf.

Still havent' got my A into G yet....

... soooo tired at the moment. :-?

Those travelling through Turangi should make a point to stop in at the Tongariro National Trout Centre to see the huge and spectacular native fish aquaria that we are creating!

10 tanks, depicting a variety of natural habitats and including most native fish species in the North Island, pest fish and a pest/native plant tank.

It is a good place for a stop - just before/after the Desert Road. $10 entry for adults I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Been there done that! :wink:

Had a bit of trouble with ferry bookings as one of them will be off being refitted and we had to find the right sailing times.

Don't forget to pack your gumboots if you plan to step in any rockpools!