6 foot planted tank

antwan

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Here it is as of tonight. Alanmin4304 gave me some stuff which made it pretty easy for me to make an inline CO2 reactor, set that up today and it works a treat. Will be getting some moss for the wood on the left as it's just getting taken over by algae at the moment. :-? Will be adding a group of 5 T Bar cichlid's soon too. Can't wait.

3311.jpg

Alpha3311.jpg

Wow! So lush. What's your maintenance routine on this scape?

I do two 50% water changes a week for the discus. Dose NPK, Iron, and trace every two days, lights and CO2 on for 8 hours a day. Pruning whenever it needs it.

Thanks Simon :D

7 little t bar's went into the tank this morning thanks to Navarre, can't wait until they're big.

Here's the CO2 reactor I made, got the bits off Alan who got them from FuglyDragon. CO2 bubbles up from the tubing at the bottom and the water current flows down from the top so it smashes the bubbles against the bio balls and diffuses the gas into the water. I was worried about the build-up of CO2 inside the reactor but every morning the CO2 has found its way into the tank. So now I don't have to worry about fitting some sort of valve into it. I'm so happy with how it works and no longer have a stream of CO2 bubbles blocking the view of the tank :)

IMG_0112.jpg

Right, I need suggestions please!

I moved the big piece of wood on the right hand side (can't really see it behind the micranthemoides but it's quite large) out of the tank because it gets covered in algae all the time and I can't be bothered fighting it off any more! Then I moved the left sword to the right of the right sword, and the crypts in front of the wood/middle sword (now left sword) on the left hand side. Now I have a big space (circled) and nothing to fill it with.

What I would like is plenty of suggestions of what we have in NZ that could fit there under my specs (high light, co2, ferts) because I'm stumped and don't know what I could put there. I'm very fussy with what I want :roll: so the more suggestions the better!

3311-1.jpg