Lovebirds breeding

firefish

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet, still 2 babies and 1 egg. I found out that someone had an egg hatch out 12 days after its siblings, so i'm leaving the egg in there just incase.

A couple of days I got this pic:

2_babies___1_egg_003.jpg

The baby lifting its head will be a week old tomorrow. I have some names picked out but waiting on the colouration to show first.

Very exciting about your cat :D

Congrats on the baby lovebirds! This has been so awesome to read and see the tiny babies! They are gorgeous and now I'm excited! I think my cockatiels have their first eggs but not sure. I haven't actually seen them mate but I'm not there constantly I had seen him try but he couldn't get on. I think she had one egg on tuesday cause she was acting different and spending hours in the box and another one on thursday. Then her and him started spending alot of time in the box even in there together. If they do have eggs does that mean one of them is in the box constantly? Even now and then in the day they are both out but at night one or both are in there. I don't want to go in the aviary and check their box I just figure I'll leave it to nature. I have a pied male and a whiteface female and now can't wait to see if their sucessful.

I hope to see many more pics of your baby lovebirds they are so cute!

Thats really exciting :D

My birds seem to have a system atm. Jade is out in the cage, feeding himself constantly. Then Amber comes out and Jade feeds her, so that Amber doesn't have to waste time doing the first stage of eating. Jade occasionally goes in the box, but Ambers the main one. Its funny when they're all in there, because sometimes I hear a bit of a squabble and Jade rushes out of the box. He must have done something that Amber didn't appreciate :lol:

I came up with a compromise with checking them. I only look in when neither parent is in the box, this way Amber isn't put off parenting.

I'm going away next week, it'll be hard to not know whats going on!

I have a pic on my camera, but haven't quite put it on the computer (probably will do it today)