tank competition ?

livingart

link took awhile to get removed after poster was made aware that it was unfair and cpmments were posted before both threads were sanitised

the link was posted by the person in question no one else

no obfuscation of facts please

in my view this was the straw that broke the camels back

i have sat back and watched the silly assinine games that have been played on this forum by other forum members and bit my tongue, well half chewed it off actually

i had a lot of respect for all involved but constant rubbing has worn that respect down

i think you are blowing this well out of proportion Mark. You questioned it on fishkeepers & it was removed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my game on fishkeepers was in retaliation for posting on here as otherwise my hands were tied

so i am a hypocrite :oops:

and my apologies for being one

i will remove mine if you remove yours :wink:

yes not as much fun, as i have to watch what i say now and it has taken some of the fun away for me

but i wanted to see this forum become a better place to be and accepted the role to hopefully change things for you people who like me didn't like the way things were

i have watched the little digs at this site and it has saddened me that some people who were regulars on here don't post as much

it is a bit like how the cool kids at school tease the less fortunate kids

but that is life

the digs were what spoilt my interest in the other site which is a pity as they are not opposing each other but should live side by side.

They dont compete against each other as they have nothing to compete for

this site is basiclly the official site for fishkeeping here in NZ and others are privately owned or run by clubs. The silly digs are a great pity and extremely childish.

the digs were what spoilt my interest in the other site which is a pity as they are not opposing each other but should live side by side.

They dont compete against each other as they have nothing to compete for

this site is basiclly the official site for fishkeeping here in NZ and others are privately owned or run by clubs. The silly digs are a great pity and extremely childish.

The official site for fishkeeping here in NZ :o:o:o

What gives you that idea?

The official FNZAS site yes, but thats all.

The official site for fishkeeping here in NZ :o:o:o

What gives you that idea?

The official FNZAS site yes, but thats all.

The FNZAS is reconised by not only the Government and its agencies as the offical organisation but is also reconised through out the world by other national bodies... thats what gives me the idea

A privately owned site or club site has next to no reconition with government agencies. That in no way is meant to reduce their usefulness but if as an example, the NZKA was to approach MAF and push for action on a subject, they would have next to no luck (as a private site would have similar luck) but as the FNZAS would be listened to (and is currently being listened to). This site IS the front page for the official body. These forums are but a small part and probably the most public part of the FNZAS

Round and round we go again.

Sorry, but it makes me laugh at threads like this.

You guys are the ones making a mountain out of a molehill.

Would it have really come to all this if a mod here had sent a PM to the people involved and asked to remove or to explain why the said issue was said?

NO, instead it is put up as an attack on a public forum and when people defend themselve you all cry foul and point fingers.

And to comment that you are the official NZ fishkeeping forum. :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who made it official, You??

Exclusive Bretheren Church is regonised by Government and the general public, But that does not make it the official religion of NZ ( No offence to the Exclusive Bretheren Church, Just an example)

No wonder members run for cover. I enjoy fishkeeping for what it is , FISHKEEPING, not politics.

Seems there are too many people over on this forum that are full of thier self importance.( and that is not a personal attack!, I am not singling any one person out, just a general comment)

And to comment that you are the official NZ fishkeeping forum. :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who made it official, You??

please go back and read

No, not me

The FNZAS is reconised by Government agencies

The fact that you are saying "you" says something in its self

By all means laugh as much as you want but please read it with an open mind and ask yourself what your laughing at.

You are very protective of Fishkeepers and good on you, I have done nothing more than try to point out the differences in Fishkeepers and this site.

I have nothing at all against Fishkeepers and congratulate Hans on his efforts but to me, it looks like Fishkeepers members have a problem with this site.

Look at the problem that started all this off, it was a comp organised by people from this site for people from this site but all of a sudden, its brought up on another site by trying to drum up support for an entry from that site.

Tell me, why dont they do their own comp with their own rules for those that only laugh at efforts by those in here?

come on guys, this is getting petty.

2 forums exist. I'm sure they can exist in harmony.

Lets all agree not to allow such silliness to happen again?

(That sounds pretty reasonable does it not?)

yes it is going around in circles

and people will agree to disagree

+1 to P44's last post

+1 to KP as well

lets put this to bed

and my respect has gone back up again

ys merry xmas to all

In the spirit of xmas and conciliation.

Not to mention a promise to Caryl, A fear of Zevs pointy stick and a respect for Livingart

I have changed my location.

Merry Christmas to you all, May the new year bring fun and happiness to the members of both sites. :hail:

Many thanks KP, Merry xmas to you as well - have you killed that plant yet :wink: I can send you more if you have.

Right, as I see it, there was nothing in the rules that said that it was not allowed.

Lets just drop the argument and move on.

Next time, write that into the rules so it does not happen again.

I think it is silly going on about "what if's" and going round in circles. The link has now been removed and the few people who read it are hardly likely to be the straw that breaks the camels back. I mean half the members here were probably not even aware of the other forum until it was pointed out to them in this thread.

JMO

Exactly what I said two pages ago. The remainder of my posts were just reactions to statements made about Fk site and its members.

Im off to go feed my new fish fry. Merry Christmas all.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone here. As I stated earlier, my comments were not directed at anyone in particular. Sorry if it came across as if it was.

I think it is great kiwis have two good sites to go to (possibly 3 assuming the marine one is still going) for fish keeping help and discussion. The only reasons I have not joined the others are because I already Mod on 2 fish forums and do not have the time to go to others and I don't keep marines so have no interest in a marine only site.

Hobby groups, particularly involving animals, seem to bring out the worst in people :-?

I must admit I, personally, have never thought of the FNZAS site as "the official site for fishkeeping in NZ". That never occurred to me. We are the official site for the FNZAS though! 8)

Discussion on different perspectives and disagreement is fine, if it is kept reasonable and respectful.

At this point I would like to say I disagree with those who think programmes like Home and Away and Shortland St are worth watching!!! :o :lol:

PS Good boy KP! :hail: :lol: