tank competition ?

livingart

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as with the normal fish photo comp, I would have thought that is was not withing the spirit of the comp?

If it were I could hit up all my fishing site members (hundreds of thousands world wide) as well as all the other online clubs/forums

Mind you, who would want to see my algie filled tanks

I dont fink its very good sportsmanship really. Its an anonymous comp really isnt it? :-?

Umm, isnt that promoting it even more Hans? Slap me if you fink im wrong, but it is IMO. :roll:

The internet is far from anonymous.

Was just trying to put some light on the subject, now the thread has been cleaned as its about my tank build.

Nice to see you guys put in tanks.

I didnt say the Internet was, I said the Comp was. :roll:

Cleaned? Wat did I say that was wrong Hans? Do you juss take peoples comments off the threads when you feel like it? Thought it was only if a rule was broken or watever. :roll:

And thank you! :D :lol:

I dont have a problem with what anyone else thinks. Just cleaned the topic as there is no need to fill up a nice clean one, made a new one for discussion, go for gold.

fish keeping is not a competitive sport

the competition was set up for fun for those members who wanted to have a go at setting up a small tank

much like the photo of the month comp that is run on here each month

the photos are kept anonymous to create a level playing field for all involved

the issue is not about wether or not it is competitive but about somebody using another aquatic keeping website to promote their tank photos in a competition on this site and blatantly soliciting that websites members to vote for the said photos

it is not something i considered good sportsmanship and i was trying to find out how others felt about it

i thought you might of been more concerned about fairplay than wether or not fish keeping is competitive

But there is a case of Voting for that said person\thing, just because of who they are (or what they own)

then that is up to the person voting not the compeditor. Those that have integrity will vote for the right one in their mind not who asked for the vote. I am sure that you would vote for the one you liked un-biased toward a friend right?

Yes indeed, but some just do it to kiss a%^&!

The compeditor should play 'fair' and not go 'asking' for the votes.

(sort of spoils the game really) :-?

interesting, kinda like asking for freebies IMO. there will always be people that do that & they don't need to be asked to vote, they look for every oppourtunity to do so. just like there will always be people that think they are treated unfairly because they didn't think of a good idea first. at the end of the day, i doubt that many votes would be generated by asking for one. just ask winston peters to confirm this.

Please dont change my spelling dude, I like it da way it is. :-)

Quote me for wat I have said, all cool, but it would be appreciated if you didnt become the FNZAS Forum Spelling Police and change my words. (unless asigned to that)

Cheers! :-)

i have an over writer that checks spelling, this also applies to quoted areas.

i didn't change your original post & the checker helps me work out what you are saying.

so you guys vote for the first or every candidate you see campaining in an election or do you make up your own mind & vote for what you prefer?

no but a lot of people believe the publicity campaigns

some others just vote because they have been asked to as well or to garner favour

you have always struck me as a person who supported fairplay as well smidey

you have always struck me as a person who supported fairplay as well smidey

totally but at some point we all have to stand up & make a choice for ourselves rather than be sheep following the flock off the cliff. I won't vote for anyone just because they ask me to whether it be Hans or John Key, its my choice. :)

& i truely don't believe that what was posted will effect the voting, we are all smart enough to make our own choices aren't we? maybe it could be better if we concentrated on what we are doing rather than what others are doing. :)

anyone that voted just because Hans asked you to please make yourself known.

didn't say anyone would vote because they were asked to, more about the ethics and thoughts behind the situation

this probably comes down to what we all see as acceptable, these days things are commonly done that 20 years ago were not done so its a personal view for each of us IMO. me, i don't see it as underhanded as i won't act on it so don't see it as anything at all. like advertising that "calls to buy", we don't rush out & do what they say yet we are bombarded. Hans post i see more as "branding", making people aware if they want to get involved.

this probably comes down to what we all see as acceptable, these days things are commonly done that 20 years ago were not done so its a personal view for each of us IMO. me, i don't see it as underhanded as i won't act on it so don't see it as anything at all. like advertising that "calls to buy", we don't rush out & do what they say yet we are bombarded. Hans post i see more as "branding", making people aware if they want to get involved.

you should go into political spin doctoring

a rose is still a rose