April 12, 200917 yr comment_300284 Are these available in NZ? I have never seen one before. Pics from http://www.dreamstime.com Report
April 12, 200917 yr Author comment_300290 :-? looks like a goldfish :-? I recon they look like a huge fighter Report
April 12, 200917 yr comment_300297 Im guessing they would only be good by themselves, and only one of them. Report
April 12, 200917 yr comment_300314 I have seen juvie long fin oscars for sale in the LFS but whether the finnage looks like that when they grow up remains to be seen Report
April 13, 200917 yr comment_300320 had them a few years back, finnage wasn't as good as that though they bred so some may still be around Report
April 13, 200917 yr comment_300324 I like the top one, but thy kinda don't really look like oscars though .. you wouldn't what to put them in with fin nippers Report
April 13, 200917 yr comment_300326 they are prone to so many diseases though. they occasionally pop up in stores. but look raggedy, fins get blood streaks in them. they look naturally sick - nothing like in the pictures above. Report
April 14, 200917 yr comment_300591 Did I say Male Fighters are Ew, no - I said Longfin\Veiltail Oscars are. My choice. 8) I like the fins, juss not on an Oscar. I agree with you mystic it just doesn't look right, the fins looks pretty but NOT on a oscar - oscars are mean looking not flowly and pretty lol "JMO" Report
April 14, 200917 yr comment_300696 Thats EW and WRONG! :evil: +1 I wasn't going to say anything, but I'd pick one of the wild caught oscars people have been showing off on MFK lately over that monstrosity any day. They could legally be imported too (wild or long finned) as they are still A. ocellatus... Report
April 14, 200917 yr comment_300725 +1 I wasn't going to say anything, but I'd pick one of the wild caught oscars people have been showing off on MFK lately over that monstrosity any day. They could legally be imported too (wild or long finned) as they are still A. ocellatus... Wild ftw! :lol: Report
April 14, 200917 yr comment_300764 lol Well I think its wicked, but I don't really like oscars I imagine some would come into the country (if oscars are not all locally bred these days) at some stage? Each to their own I guess.. Report
April 15, 200917 yr comment_301154 I reckon its so bad I would never own one nor will I sell one Its a fish that is going to have alot of problems and hardly ever look like that Id rather get myself a very nice normal Oscar and have it look amazing and happy without having to drag that tail through the tank Brad Report
April 22, 200917 yr comment_302183 I just got an Oscar...definitely prefer the short finned type...mine's a nice blood red one though... Report
June 14, 200917 yr Author comment_312317 I found one today at the LFS and could resist. :bounce: :bounce: It just a Juvenile but will be interesting to see how it matures Report
June 14, 200917 yr comment_312327 Are you keeping it by itself? Its fins wont look too good after a while if its with agro fish Report
June 14, 200917 yr Author comment_312331 Nothing in the tank seems to bothering it at the moment. I will be keeping a close eye on it and have a spare cycled 5 footer to move it to if need Report
August 23, 200917 yr comment_325310 Ooo, how's it going Kiwiplymouth? What fish store did you get it from? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.