Whos working christmas?

Silvia-15

xmas day and you aren't feeding the animals their crackers? :D

Well the museum is open 364 days a year, so I cant really do anything on christmas unfortunately as it is all shut down! I will give the animals an extra nice feed on the evening of the 24th though. Im sure the fish would love some caviar! and the rats can have strawberries to replace their boring apple and mixed vegies. I wonder if the packhorse cray likes turkey? hmmm.... I am working on the 29th 30th 31st, 1st and second too so no stopping over xmas. I am spening 2 months doing volunteer work in Jan and Feb though, should be fun. I have three weeks over at Waiheke studying dotterels for the ARC, a week at one of the chickens (of the hen and chickens) doing some weeding (via a little abseiling and stuff too of course) for DoC, and then 2 weeks at the zoo, one week working with primates, and one with carnivores... so action packed summer heading my way- cant wait!

We work from home so don't get days off. You would be surprised how often someone will ring Christmas Day saying "Sorry, I know it's Christmas Day but..." :roll:

So we are going out for the day and there is no cell phone coverage where we will be :lol:

We work from home so don't get days off. You would be surprised how often someone will ring Christmas Day saying "Sorry, I know it's Christmas Day but..." :roll:

So we are going out for the day and there is no cell phone coverage where we will be :lol:

when I used to advertise my afterhours numbers and have the cellphone turned on, I would often get calls at 2 or 3 am saying, I dont want my window fixed now but could you give me a cost to glaze it in the morning please. My answer was, let me have your number (I normally already had it by caller ID ) and I will get my calculator and call you back.... I always did... at 5am which is my normal time to wake up

now days I wont work on Christmas day end of story (business wise) but I have had plenty of time when I would help people out and glaze their windows and a couple of those I never got paid for. With the Grandkids here now, I simply wont spoil the main family day of the year. If I didnt have the Grandkids, I probably would work if needed

God I wish I was working on Christmas Day. I used to love Christmas Day when I was younger but now it is just a mess of unpleasant family dinners, tantrums about getting the wrong present (child? No, my father in law) and my mother blaming me for everything under the sun. I have made my husband promise that next year we will go away to a faraway beach with a caravan and have Christmas just with us and our wee boy and no one else.

Happy holidays everyone :P