What do you do when Stressed?

Spink

An even better Question :)

What do you guys do when your frustrated about something going wrong with tanks ie setup of tanks that need to be used in the next couple hours(ie moving house) or when the tank breaks in early hours of the morning(ie 1-4pm)?

I just felt like punching something when it happened to me :o

If theres just a problem thats annoying rather than difficult to fix i just get into it, if i'm stressed or avoiding something stressful (which doesnt help with stress in the long run) i visit people or eat junkfood, or dance, or go for a walk or bug my flatmates or bake (an afternoon cooking can be very relaxing - unless you have to do it), or clean the flat (but only in extreme circumstances).

does anyone know that mantra type thing that people often say at those...ummm.....meetings? Not asking if anyone's an alcoholic or anything, but it goes something like

God grant me the serenity to accept the things i can't change, blah blah

Anyone know the whole thing, I'm really curious to know

Just wondered what everyone else does when they're stressed out?

I was on a bummer yesterday - got turned down for another job, AGAIN - and so I went on a cleaning binge and had a BIG tidy out of my laundry.

If it's not cleaning, it's gardening but that's more of a relaxing thing for me.

So, what do you do when stressed out?

spink i just read your first post. ill give you the keys to my palce so next time you are stressed you can clean it! :bow:

Did you know that the equivalent of methyline blue for humans is wine :P

Now I didn't know that, I will have to remember that one :lol:

When I am stressed I like to turn my music up and sing along at the top of my voice! Thank goodness for detached houses and a husband on late shifts :wink:

i play guitar... but lately have taken a laid back attitude that whatever it is thats bugging me/ stressing me, isnt so huge in the overall picture of things, and theres always a way around it.

my favorite sayings atm:

tommorow the sun will rise again and a new day shall begin...

if we dont make it alive, its a hellova good day to die...

I believe it is;

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and the abilty to hide the bodies of those who have p**ed me off!

So many men - so few bullets

the sig and the verse go well together :D

I was shouted by a friend to a lecture many years ago by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, a Swiss psychiatrist who wrote books and lectured on death and dieing. She said that the Swiss had a saying and she would try to translate it:

" You cannot have the summer without the winter, the day without the night or the sunshine without the rain, and if you could orgasm continuously day and night who would wash the dishes?"

I always remembered that and it was over 20 years ago.