Help Livingart Wildlife Park (Tauranga)-DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

Lucid

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great to hear it ias all going well, and there is a great turnout. The weather is obviously as good there as it is down here.

sausage sizzle seemed to be very popular

And who doesn't like a good sossie n sauce.

great work guys

Lucid

Awesome day guys

over 563 cars, missed counting a few :oops:

probably close on 3,000 people

sold 459 sausages :wink: with sauce

lots of donations

$253 from the garage sale of donated goods

the quilt got raffled, raised $100 and the winner gave it back to the park to raffle again :hail:

the car parking was pandemonium, we got trashed

i got up at 5am, thought i would get my work done and then have a shower and shave

ready for the volunteers arriving at 8am

i am going to get that shower as soon as i finish this :D:D

thanks to our team of volunteers you were all magic and we couldn't have survived the day without you :hail::hail::hail:

Thats fantastic news :D

A great Public relations exercise.

Now everyone will go back and tell someone else where they went.

I can imagine all the kids going back to school on Monday and when asked to write about what they did during the holidays .... went to Living Art Wildlife Park ..... or ...went to the park and saw birds and ....

Well done.

good PR exercise a lot of people commented that it is unheard of nowadays for a business to do a free day :D

a lot of people who had never been before were blown away by how big the place was and how much stuff was down here

got approached by 3 teachers for school visits

i wonder what tomorrow will bring :o

life is indeed a wondrous wee beastie :D

Photos Of The Open Day:

bbq.jpg

drive.jpg

clarry1.jpg

clarry2.jpg

mark.jpg

people.jpg

penguin.jpg

simba2.jpg

simba1.jpg

Sunday October 12, 2008.

WOW! What an incredibly successful Open Day we had yesterday, with people pouring into the Park throughout the day. The final tally of people was just under 3,000, Mark lost count at 563 cars, and we raised $2553!!! Oer $850 came in as donations, $426 was raised by the sausage sizzle, and $220 at the Garage Sale, with the rest coming from drink, food, and souvenir sales.

For many, Clarry, one of our white cockatoos, was the star of the show, and spent much of the day surveying his domain from the dead tree stump outside the office. That said, kids were delighted by the Petting Zoo, and everyone was astounded by the amount of material that is now in the Natural History Museum in the Reptile Room. Many families brought a picnic lunch down which they enjoyed by the Lake, or in the BBQ area, and kids loved exploring the Fernery and Bush Walk. Visitors were astounded by the amount and variety of animals at the Park, and about how much is on offer at Living Art.

One of the most frequently heard comments was "We had no idea there was so much down here to see and do", which reminded us of a visitor who once compared Living Art to the Tardis, stating "It's much bigger on the inside". Visitors who had been before, but a while ago, were astounded by the amount of work that has gone on at the Park over the last year - particularly within the Reptile Room and Aquarium.

The Park would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped make the Park such a successful day. A big thank you to The Weekend Sun who ran a story about the upcoming Open Day - and a special thank you to Alexa from the Sun who spent the entire day volunteering at the Park running the Garage Sale for us with Ingrid. Another HUGE THANK YOU to all the other volunteers who helped out on the day - Alan, Chris, Courtenay, Heather, Hillary, Jethro, Kaz, Leon, Lewis, Mike & Fiona and Family, and a thank you to the 15 people who signed up to become volunteers at the Park in the future. Thanx, also, to all the Greerton retailers who handed out flyers promoting the Open Day - many people turned up at the Park clutching the flyers - and thanx also to Emma, who organised for us to have 2,000 flyers delivered at the Mount and Papamoa.

If you missed out on the Open Day, why not come down and see what everyone else is now talking about? We're open 10.00am to 6.00pm seven days a week, and entry is much cheaper than taking the family to McDonalds or the movies!

-------------------------------------------

Fantastic photos, thanx for that. :)

Lucid

thanks lucid

those photos were taken during lulls in the day

it was busier than it looked in the photos

people were parking 3/4 of a kilometre away and walking in

Clarry the cockatoo had to go back in his cage as he does not suffer fools gladly :D

10 of the cars were from auckland, came down to wish us well

one lady gave a 100 dollar note for 6 bags of animal food then when she was handed the change tipped it in the donation box :hail:

Mystic said: "Mohawk? WHERE!" :o :lol:

Looks like you guys had a great day, so glad you are getting all the help thats needed, keep it up guys, you have so many thankful people behind you! Mystic and I wishing we could have helped, maybe we will move up and help all the time aye? Ha!

Cant wait to see some more photos, anyone got some more?

Now how can we all hep for the funding etc?

Still lots of work to be done, and so many caring people to help.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

:bow:

Lucid & Mystic

My gosh it has just taken me 3hrs of reading a whole 37 pages of your fight to save this wonderful park .. I am so happy that the park will get to stay open. I hope that I will get to come up one day and vistit this amazing place. i wish you all the luck in the world with being able to carry on helping the many animals you've saved and cared for :P