Piranhas?

yeeahboy

welcome to the forums yeeahboy... 8) I have left your piranha thread here in the rare and unusual fish section and deleted the other threads on the same topic that you placed in two other sections... so just incase you notice they are gone, that is why. Just pays to post the inquiry in once section, as that is all that is needed, most members here will see your inquiry as they surf so many sections :D

There are pirahna in NZ, however, only at places with permits ie National Aquarium.

If you want to see piranhas make a trip to the national Aquarium in Napier.

If you are really interested Im sure you could ask how they got their permit from MAF to import.

It does say there that they were oringinally swaped for seahorses from the seahorse farm (also in Napier).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They are legal here in Ireland,and a lot of 'hard' men :roll: think its 'deadly' to get them,they soon give up on them,as they are actually quite a boring fish to keep.My LFS has a really nice group in an amazing set up at the moment,it looks awesome,but the fish spend most of their time doing nothing.Plenty of other choices out there with much more character.

Dave

• 2 months later...
If you want to see piranhas make a trip to the national Aquarium in Napier.

If you are really interested Im sure you could ask how they got their permit from MAF to import.

It does say there that they were oringinally swaped for seahorses from the seahorse farm (also in Napier).

there boring fish to watch

i love piranhas! silver dollars look similar when really old hen the forehead starts to ridge forward. but not the same, no sharp nasty assss teeeeth!

but hey, i had a pacu, if you can get a massive tank or pond for a pacu, they are like piranhas in steroids, will maul and mulch anything!

:)

even glass heaters and plecos