Nobody posted a happy Valentines Day thread???

jn

lol repto, she would be my girlfriend of the past year and a bit, and im planning on taking her to buterfly creek, thn lunch there, then next door to min put, thn into manukau to the movies and off to a meal sumwhere... cheasie i no but im tryn here lol

i have told you before that they won't let amber the goat into the movie theater :o

seriously though toms lady is nice

so my question becomes,

who here doesnt do valentines day? i know that i certainly dont go all out, i got my girl a bunch of flowers etc yea, but i feel that if im going to take her out, it would mean so much more any other time of the year, but when shes expecting it at valentines it kinda kills the surprise abit... am i right??

We don't celebrate Valentines Day as we feel it is purely a commercial time where retailers attempt to get more money out of you. I would much rather be surprised randomly throughout the year than be bought something just because it is Valentines Day.

Mind you, it wouldn't occur to Grant to buy me something on the spur of the moment just to show he loved me - and if he did buy something I would assume he was feeling guilty about something else :lol:

Some good points Caryl.

I know at least 2 couples where the gift is expected, plus the other partner mainly does it cos if they don't they will be in s**t street. Hardly the basis of a genuinely romantic day, but as you point out, whatever the motive, the retailers don't care if there is a buck in it for them.

However Valentines Day is a good thing to celebrate, but wether it is Christmas, or whatever day, there will always be those whose primary concern is to milk the occasion for as much money as they can make.

no.. we don't celebrate it either.. it was just an excuse for a post :)

I did ask my other half to buy me a ream of printer paper with valentines day as an excuse.. but he refused even that :)

I laughed and said it was just as well.. it would spoil all my fun if I got everything I asked for when I asked for it and I'd lose my opportunity to once in a while pretend I was so hard done by ;) !!

I only ask for things I wouldn' t get any fun out of buying for myself :)

Asking for paper for valentines day was a bit of a joke.. I have a reputation for being overly practical, and I figured.. he'd laugh me out of the room if I asked for flowers or something sentimental :) (The other running joke is that the other half is a terrible tightwad ;)!! Only when it doesn't count though!!)

I asked if I could have a valentine present.. he said no.. I did a bit of pretend begging.. he said "what would you be asking for".. I said printer paper and he laughed (as well as breathed a sigh of relief as he soon realised I was pulling his leg!)