Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Animates Tower Junction - what is going on !?!

Featured Replies

Does anybody buy fish from Animates now other than Tues-Thurs. Any other day and they just aren't competitive.

That has to be one of the most stupid piece of marketing I've seen, I really don't get what they're trying to achieve, other than inconveniencing a whole lot of people who can only visit their store on the weekends. I bought four clown loaches from Jansens Mt Eden one Saturday and I asked the guy if I really had to leave now and come back on Tuesday, and he said nah and gave me a good deal anyway.

I'd simply tell them if you have to leave and come back next week that you'll leave for good and go buy them from hollywood or origin.

:lol:

they're $3.50 wholesale!!!? DOH!! man that is pretty raw - I realise they are in it to make money but thats a heck of a markup!

pretty standard for a stock item that can easily become bad stock

I wouldn't even bother going into an Animates store for fish, the Palmerston North store was the first ever Animates I had seen... and when we went in we couldn't believe our eyes.. the prices... and the state of the fish... every tank had either fin rot, white spot.. and floaters... :roll: Seems it's not just Palmerston North :roll:

I don't remember there being any fish in Wal-mart. But the big pet shops like Petsmart the few I've been had more fish, better selection and better taken care of than almost all the pet shops I've seen in New Zealand.

There is at least one member of this forums who works at Animates. He is very clued up and has his own fish and knows perfectly well how to take care of them!

There used to be a really good woman at Tower Junction, I met her at Moorhouse when she was relieving once. I haven't seen her in a while but if I saw her again I'd follow her advice. It's more the store that has a problem with not retaining the people who actually know anything.

i know of a fair few jansens staff who watch these forums and considering they are all the same thing now i guess that kinda counts.

I know while i was workign at jansens there was a few hikes in the price of fish and each time there were different reasons given but they always tried to validate it by sayign it followed trends in other stores. I would rather be a trend setter than a trend follower personally but hey.

I work at Jansens silverdale and ever since we started doing the merger the whole company has gone downhill. Im giving in my notice of resignation this week becuase I hate the place so much. I never buy anything from Jansens and I don't recommend anyone does. Its supoorts their disgusting practices. For instance:

-The main 920L tank was way overdosed with flourish excel and all the fish (100-200) died. The manager was more interested in eating her lunch then knowing about it.

-The african cichlids are kept in conditions often bordering on acidic and there are often deaths.

There are so many other things I get pissed off about but probably too many to list here.

Grr! I hate Jansens!! :evil:

Although I probably agree with what I have read I thought we were not allowed to name shops which gave a poor service, for legal reasons.

I do complain and it never gets very far. No one listens, its all about the money. And stuff that stupid legal reasons crap I think that people should name and shame people that are abusing the simple rights of animals for their own profit. Sue me

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.