Jump to content

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Posts

    23833
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. Congratulations but where's the pic? :dunno:
  2. I think most birds are far better looking as adults :bggrn:
  3. No specific guppy club but plenty of guppy breeders here. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here. 8)
  4. I don't think that was necessary aotealotl. I think some of the replies given here could have been put in a much better way and I am sorry we are losing a member like this.
  5. Get one of those fly zapper things. Zap 'em then drop 'em in
  6. Oxygen weed is easiest. Probably found in nearest waterway.
  7. Beautifully made pits and I like the way the path has been done too. Obviously a lot of work was done! Wish I had known about you when we were in Melbourne as I would have loved to visit and see your snakes.
  8. I guess it is more like what can you fit? The tank is small to start with so any internal filter is going to take up space.
  9. Caryl

    eggs

    Aren't the mosquito eggs the ones that form rafts on the water surface?
  10. I am sure they are fine. WCMM do breed quite readily. If you can easily see the fry zipping about you either have excellent eyesight or they are quite old. When first hatched they can be very hard to see as they are so small!
  11. I always thought that too calculator but saw the following in a Practical Fishkeeping article about what not to say in an aquatic store and one of them was "I must be doing something right if they’re all spawning" Their reply was... Good old anthropomorphic behaviour has a lot to answer for. We humans like to breed when conditions are good, when things are just right. We like to be in a position that we can provide for our kids – even if Jeremy Kyle would disagree with this. And what’s more, we assume that this mentality carries across the species into the world of fish. The problem is that it doesn’t always. There are many species out there that tend to spawn when things are going well and truly up the creek. Certain catfish, for example, tend to be triggered by deteriorating water quality, indicative of rainfall to follow. Some creatures will only reproduce when subject to appalling conditions as their breeding indicator. Certain inverts, too, tend to go into spawning mode when things are much less than desirable in the tank, and this isn’t an entirely freshwater phenomenon.
  12. Have your Christmas holidays on the upper east coast of the South Island. Tonnes of limestone for free!
  13. Welcome. The water in ChCh used to be good for fish keeping. Not sure what it's like now.
  14. Try not to terrify any non-English speaking attendees this time! :sml1:
  15. http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/progr ... n-the-spot
  16. Your first book was a great read so I am sure this one will be also :thup:
  17. You will have to let us know what weta omelets taste like 8)
  18. You can also look at "Turtle Rescue and Rehoming", Donna's site on Facebook. It has a lot of information for you, including a turtle care sheet.
  19. Terracotta ones are great and you can often get them free if you ask the garden centre if they have any broken ones
  20. Caryl

    Goldfish Farm

    Perhaps from one of the existing goldfish farms like Braeside Aquaria. They supply many of the pet shops around NZ so are used to shipping fish.
  21. Caryl

    The What's Up? thread.

    Learned from me I missed the typo! :facepalm:
  22. Caryl

    The What's Up? thread.

    Ben making fudge this weekend for my parents' church fund raiser. Have had to taste test them all too :bggrn: There's 5 different flavoured fudges there. :thup:
  23. Yes. My daughter has been to that festival (she was nannying for a singer and record producer so got to stay in the VIP tent) and she said the mud there is unbelievable but nobody seems to mind. Neil Diamond - Jonathon Livingston Seagull :dnc1:
×
×
  • Create New...