Everything posted by silver-foxx
-
OVER FLITER OF SALTWATER TANK ?
I have been told that my can filter with corral rubble in it which changes the tank water 20 x an hour is too much filtering :facepalm: any comments for a newbi at saltwater &c:ry
-
Peruvian Black Marble angelfish
can anyone please give me a reference ie Google for ..Peruvian Black Marble ..angel fish as the only reference I can find is in TM ? thanks
-
Where to get Styrofoam?
I use the above on most of my tanks...you can buy a boot load from installer for $10 Darrell
-
who is this seller, on this forum? 'fishheaven'
WHY ?
-
Blue Ram Breeder?
Ann in avondale breeds them by the 100 high quality fish trades as dave.j1
-
Apisto borelli? ID please
not borelli but that has all been covered above. i have about 50 left from 400 odd that I spawned over the years. Beautiful fish to keep in 40 lt tank and as they are harem spawners 2 to 3 females per male is OK. females turn bright yellow when spawning.
-
Help Decapsulated Brine Shrimp?
http://www.angelsplus.com/ArticleDecap.htm is well worth a look. I feed my fry decap at 4pm being there last feed of the day. I pre-soak for 2 min as it will swell 35%..best in the spoon rather than in them. they will graze on the decap on the bottom of the tank all night until there is none in the morning. they do look like a small flock of sheep grazing on the bottom. D
-
Angels
koi have blushing gills and translucent scales. golden marble do sometimes spawn a blushing but not translucent scales. see http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/phen ... s/koi.html D
-
My Tank - Any Ideas? (With Photos)
would look great with selection of angels from ..just angels .. give a vertical look. great tank D
-
Tank needs fish, but what?
selection of angels from ...just angels... :bounce:
-
Empty Tank, Any Ideas?
angels ..lots of angels :bounce: :bounce:
-
this fella is amazing
if a fish is hungry it will strike at anything. having tied trout flies for 30 years the workmanship on these flies is precise, and works of art. D
-
this fella is amazing
nothing to do with fish other than catching them...that's if u can get the nerve to get them wet. http://www.feathersmc.com/friends/show/39 enjoy Darrell
-
X RAY angel fish ??
some are similar to the Dusky blushing angel shown in link...http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/angel ... elfish.htm
-
X RAY angel fish ??
unable to take pic and they are only 1cm dia. both parents are gray no stripes other than through eye and on leading edge of dorsal & anal fins. they have been difficult to raise with 50 infertile then about 50 of balance either dying or going to the ever hungry Oscars. the balance that are doing ok are a mix of just about every imaginable pale gray color with some showing dark fins as parents. I am looking forward to getting these to maturity.
-
X RAY angel fish ??
No just like a very clear ghost with no apparent stripes.
-
X RAY angel fish ??
I have some ghost angel fry that at 4 weeks are totally see through with all organs very clear including shiny silver air bladder. Hope to grow these to spawning and see what they produce ? Anyone else tried this ? and what was the results ? look after your angels D
-
foam carpet underlay as tank underlay
not liking the cost of eps I am using the compressed foam chip carpet underlay under my tanks..bought a boot full for $10..anyone else tried it ** ALL THE BEST FOR 2010 ** :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
-
baby brine shrimp
see; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishfoo ... shrimp.php
-
angel fry left with parents
I breed angel fish and have a policy of leaving the eggs and fry with the parents, have watched the 14 day old fry fanning the newly laid eggs, a great sight to see them cover the tube I use for the spawning. Anyone else tried this ? I believe this method makes for better fish and the parents look so spectacular when guarding theses fry. anyone with breeding angels they want to sell please pm me...Darrell
-
baby brine shrimp
I grow them to a large size by feeding them brewers yeast .. more of a mouth full for larger fry
-
MADAGASCAN LACE PLANT WTB
MADAGASCAN LACE PLANT ANY SIZE THANKS
-
DITHER FISH amazing how quick they did the work
bought from hollywood do u have others i might buy D
-
DITHER FISH amazing how quick they did the work
I have 6 red shoulder severum in a tank that is set up for them..lots of overhanging rocks, plants..works well except too well ..they were always in the shade or undercover. I was pleased with the setup as it was a good example of there natural world...BUT..I wanted to see more of them as they are about 70 mm so showing good colour..enter the dither fish..I includer a pair of pearl danios & a pair of silver tips ...within 1 min they were out swimming around mid tank as the dither had shown them all is safe..now they are all over the tank happy as...yea to the dither. darrell :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
-
** HELP ** please German Rams eating eggs
I was concidering that and as I have 20 thanks it is not a problem..thanks