Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tank needs fish, but what?

Featured Replies

I've had a swap, the guppies have moved from there small tank into a larger one & the other fish have lost there big tank for the guppies old one, however its a longer tank so they can school much better.

In the tank there is:

10x Neon Tetra

3x Rocket Pencil

10-13 WCMM's (tank is at 25'c so I hope its ok :-? , I've seen them sold as tropical fish in pet shops. There colours are much brighter in tropical water anyway).

2x Harlequins

1x Clown Loach

What should I get more of?, I know I should get more harlequins and/or Clown Loachs but they cost a lot.

I would consider trading the Harlequins + some cash, for a school of other fish. PM/E-mail me!

  • Author

I've been thinking...

Madagascar rainbowfish

Pygmy Gourami

Black Neons

Dwarf Gourami

Does anyone have any of these, what are they like to keep. :D

Sorry, I don't have any of the fish you are interested in, so can't help there, but how big is your tank? In your first post you call it a small tank, so can you fit anything more in there?

I thought clown loaches got pretty big? And liked to be in schools?

Apart from the loach, you don't seem to have any bottom dwelling fish (although I don't know what rocket pencils are?). Maybe you could look at some corydoras. We have panda cories, which stay smaller than most, and we have recently added two more, so we now have five in total. We have noticed that in a bigger group they are much braver and much more playful and interesting to watch. In my opinion, you are better to keep larger schools of a smaller variety of fish, as the more you have, the more interesting they become.

It would really help if you gave details about your tank (dimensions, volume, planted or not etc), as that will give a better idea of what you could consider.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.