Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DITHER FISH amazing how quick they did the work

Featured Replies

I have 6 red shoulder severum in a tank that is set up for them..lots of overhanging rocks, plants..works well except too well ..they were always in the shade or undercover. I was pleased with the setup as it was a good example of there natural world...BUT..I wanted to see more of them as they are about 70 mm so showing good colour..enter the dither fish..I includer a pair of pearl danios & a pair of silver tips ...within 1 min they were out swimming around mid tank as the dither had shown them all is safe..now they are all over the tank happy as...yea to the dither.

darrell :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yeah I have to agree there, I always put some guppies in the dwarf cichlid tanks to help them feel confident, they steal most the good food meant for the cichlids but are worth it with how much more settled the dwarfs are with them in there.. Sometimes you can get away with removing the dithers once the fish have settled enough.

On another note where did you get your red shoulder severums from? Are they the hybrid ones that are being sold? Or did you find a good source of them?

lol nah there are some dodgy ones out there I was just wondering if there was a good source of them out there, typical story when one person breeds some rubbish and passes it on it puts into doubt all fish of that strain.. A little birdie tells me there might be some good ones popping up in Chch in the future though.

I've got 5 from the same lot from Hollywood, and they do seem a bit aggressive with one another. They are in a 600L tank with a whole bunch of other fish so they usually have space to stay out of each others way.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.