Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Angels

Featured Replies

Hrd to tell without a picture. People are prepared to breed any sort of angels to each other so there are some weird angels out there. The genes are in pairs and when I was breeding angels I was going for a double marble gene to give a full marble pattern and one or two gold genes to give a bit of gold colour to the head. I have seen koi with a single marble gene and I don't like the look. To me a good koi is red/gold

What do you mean by "the same"? They are the same in that they are both hybrids of the genus Pterophyllum, but from the sounds of it they are different strains or varieties.

  • Author

Ok, maybe I haven't asked quite the right question. I am looking to add a small number of angels to my south american tank. I have seen advertised for sale gold marble angels and also koi angels. The pictures of each look alike and I am wondering if they are one and the same but with different names. What I am trying to avoid, is buying say "a gold marble" angel and then finding out it is not actually what I wanted. Please appreciate I live in a remote location and cannot just pop into a LFS.

The angels I like have good, bright gold/red markings with a strong black/white marble pattern but I'm not totally sure what the correct name for them is.

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.