Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Apisto borelli? ID please

Featured Replies

Last week I couldn't help myself and bought a couple of fish coz I thought they were cute :oops:

Was told they are Apistogramma borelli and that they are peaceful and should be ok in a community tank.

Browsing thru the forums it seems unlikely they are borelli.

Could someone ID please.

I am setting up a planted 4'x 2' x2' with tetras, GBA, cory's , guppy will they be ok in there after QT or will I have to set up another tank for them?

Thanks

DSC06590.jpg

DSC06593.jpg

DSC06558.jpg

very peaceful and beautiful fish. was imported 2 years ago as borellii but is apsito. steel blue.

the steel blue is a man made hybrid, and somewhere along the line the opal borelli was used in breeding.

I too have about 8 of them. sold my alpha male last year -

DSC03745Large-1-1.jpg

females go bright yellow when breeding, and the fry are absolutely minuscule.

Yup Steel blues, still nice fish and good in a community tank :)

http://www.dwarfcichlid.com/Apistogramm ... l_blue.php

Unfortunately I haven't seen any true borellii for ages I spent a fortune when they did come in but lost adults hand over fist and didn't have any luck with their babies either..

http://www.dwarfcichlid.com/Apistogramma_borellii.php

not borelli but that has all been covered above.

i have about 50 left from 400 odd that I spawned over the years.

Beautiful fish to keep in 40 lt tank and as they are harem spawners 2 to 3 females per male is OK.

females turn bright yellow when spawning.

OMG I have been wanting some of these! 38.gif

If any of you has some of these, please let me know!

BTW, thanks P44, I love my new desktop wallpaper! :wink:

:lol: LOL

I have been getting a lot of requests for wallpapers recently. :o

If I ever see another male like the one I had (posted above) I'll buy him. They are dead easy to breed but the babies are a real pain.

very peaceful and beautiful fish. was imported 2 years ago as borellii but is apsito. steel blue.

the steel blue is a man made hybrid, and somewhere along the line the opal borelli was used in breeding.

I too have about 8 of them. sold my alpha male last year -

females go bright yellow when breeding, and the fry are absolutely minuscule.

Who did you sell your male to?? :wink::wink::wink:

june9029.jpg

I have about two dozen youngsters here. He is the father. Showing same colours too

Heres mum with the babies when they were just free swimming, just before xmas

DSCF1654.jpg

Oooohh! do you have him?

I was wondering where he was...

Let me know if you ever get bright blue offspring like him. I want a male. the males I have now, only have a blueish face and grey body. not breeding them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.