Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

baby brine shrimp

Featured Replies

i am wanting to grow some baby brine shrimp and was reading up what to feed them it sounded so hard but one thing it said was to put the brine shrimp in a window for light would this work?

Who else has grown brine shrimp up? How have you done this? What have you feed them?

I found I had the most success growing them by not feeding them.

I had my coke bottle hatching BBS in a bucket of water with a heater in it to keep the bottle at the right temp. I strained the bbs out through a net and apparently some slipped through the net into the bucket. They seemed to grow quite happily in the bucket.

how long did they last for?

Until about 10 seconds after I poured them into my cichlid tank. :lol:

I don't know, a few weeks.

I had them growing and breeding in a container on the lounge floor. They were in there for about 12 months. I never fed them anything. The water was in full sun and grew green algae so I assume they ate that.

I saw them growing them at the marine lab in Island Bay once. They had these massive tubes full of green water to feed them, so I guess they like infusoria to eat.

  • 2 weeks later...

I feed mine on no1 liquifry to start with and some of my own receipt made from egg yolk and things.

Also give them spirulina powder on occasions. Make sure you mix these products well with water before feeding.

I believe brewers yeast is also good.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.