Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IHBR

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IHBR

  1. Looks to me like Cryptocoryne Parva.
  2. It doesn't really work out that expensive for me, (a few cents a day). Maybe if you compared it to the ongoing cost compared to time and a bottle brush I suppose
  3. I actually started using cycle, not to cycle the the water, but to reduce the build up in my external filters tubing. And it does the trick. So I keep using it with most of my water changes.
  4. Oh, ok. No hurry
  5. Finally divided up my Aponogeton Rigidifolius the other day, nearly a metre long. The babys went to Organism. Will try to get picture of what I kept, depending on how the photography goes . Hey Supasi, you get my PM?
  6. IHBR replied to wellmax's topic in Freshwater
    Too true
  7. IHBR replied to wellmax's topic in Freshwater
    If your after something that does the same job as carbon but without the negative side effects, use seachems 'Purigen'. Not cheap like carbon, but lasts up to 6 months and can be recharged.
  8. I know you do P44, and it looks pink to me. Try putting four on it and you'll see what I mean. I have experimented with just powerglos on my tanks and all I got was an unnatural pink hue. But hey each to their own I suppose . I'm not saying don't use them, I use them with ALL my setups, but always with another white or two.
  9. Sure if you want a pink tank . I'd say go for half white and half pink (which is what your doing). that way you have a balance that benfits you, your plants and the fish.
  10. Hey, i've had mine for the past 8years or so. I see him all the time (in his cave), especially when its feeding time. He cleaned up every snail in sight and havn't had any since. But if your looking to get rid of snails I'd probably lean towards getting some Clown loaches or similar.
  11. Sorry to be blunt, but how about just NO, not a good idea. In my "book". metal of any kind (including lead weights that come with bunched plants) in an aquarium is a big no no.
  12. I agree with FuglyDragon, a lack of iron. But i'd dose with a liquid fert rather than a substrate fert.
  13. IHBR replied to Waterproof's topic in Aquatic Plants
    Looks like an ADA Tank, so the plants probably Isoetes japonica. But I could be wrong
  14. You can upgrade the Juwel tanks that come with only two t5s with another two t5s as a add-on from Juwel.
  15. IHBR replied to Nymox's topic in Freshwater
    I found catching them in a jug of some sort was good, If you can that is. Stops that risk of getting their fins caught. That goes for any decent size catfish.
  16. IHBR replied to Nymox's topic in Freshwater
    Yip Nymox your right, just checked on Planetcatfish.com. There are two colour forms. I used to have a couple, great fish. Can be a bit pricey tho, usually bout $60+
  17. I had this happen as well bout a year or so ago, but I don't know why either. I'm just wondering if 30 degrees might be to high? although Val is pretty hardy. Also maybe you could be shocking the plants with a water change every 2 days thats 7 degrees cooler? Sounds like that tube is nearly a year old, should be changed every 6 months, but mind you I haven't changed mine for ages either.
  18. Well if you want to be technical, there's about 20 Baensch Atlases, alot havn't been translated into english yet tho. Thats quite expensive, Its on amazon for about $72 US.
  19. Yip good book alright. Had mine for a couple of years also, but if your looking for the "bible" of aquarium plants try 'Aquarium PLants' by Christel Kasselmann. doubt you'll find a better book for aquarium plants, unless you own all 6 Baensch Aquarium Atlas's.
  20. IHBR replied to Deno's topic in Freshwater
    Could they have been 'Rasbora caudimaculata' (the Greater Scissortail)?
  21. It's kind of a hassle, cos my tanks a bit of a jungle and I'd have to cut the rhizome. Tanks due for a overhaul this year, so maybe when that happens I'd let you know.
  22. I"ve got an Aponogeton Rigidifolius. Great plant because it doesn't need a rest period like most of the others do, I've even got it to flower a couple of times too.
  23. Surely there must be some Microsorum pteropus 'Tropica' somewhere in NZ, I had sum, but that was 8 years ago mind you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.