Everything posted by fattythecatty
-
165L fish ideas...
I have Rainbows in my AR850
-
Best shops in Chch?
Arrive on Saturday and leave Wednesday so plenty of time.
-
Best shops in Chch?
Need to buy some supplies and LOOK at the fish, much as i would like to, don't think I can buy any as flying home early in the morning and would have to keep them bagged from previous day. Do any of these stores ship?
-
Best shops in Chch?
I'm visiting the big smoke for a few days, any recommendations on the best spots to visit?
-
Scarlet Badi
Obviously I will ask my local store if they are on the list, and if they can get some in, I'll do it that way. I know there's a 2 footer in the garage. What sort of stocking would that allow?
-
Scarlet Badi
Hmmmmm, I'm heading to Chch in a couple of weeks. If I got a small tank up and running with some media from my big tank......................................this could be do able! :roll:
-
Scarlet Badi
ok, so I would have to culture whiteworm or something to feed them?
-
Scarlet Badi
Have fallen in love with these wee fish but don't know much about them. In fact I confess, I've not even seen them in the flesh but would love to set up a wee tank for them as I hear they are on the fish list. Anyone keep these fish, any tips?
-
my clown loach/black aro tank
love the loaches especially the little guy with the saddle type markings. The big guy looks great, most i have seen at that size are starting to look a little faded.
-
AR 850
Ok, what I mean is, the tank comes with this lighting: 2 x 30" 25 watt T8 bulbs, 1 x 23.5" 20 watt T8 bulb. I'm just starting out with a planted tank, are these lights adequate for plant growth and if not what should I replace them with? One of the bukbs has a distinctly purple light, does this have a purpose or is it just cosmetic, my fish seem to like it!! Hope this makes things clearer.
-
AR 850
what's the mosr effective way to use the lighting that comes with this tank? Cheers
-
Saw some fish today.....................
They have stocked fish for awhile now, not a huge selection but all in good condition and then there's the shop in Perkins Road, he has been up there for years but haven't you got pleny of selection down there?
-
Saw some fish today.....................
Pets 'n' Vets at Frankton
-
Saw some fish today.....................
Yes, i thought they were a pretty little fish. Might go back and see how many there are, if there's a good school I think I'll get them. I'm not keen on regular Harlequins at all but these are nice.
-
Saw some fish today.....................
yes, that's them I think but the one's I saw had brighter colouring. Will google purple rasbora.
-
Saw some fish today.....................
at the local store but can't identify, the shop refered to them as copper rasbora but they don't look anything like them. They were only @ 2cm long, a deep midnight blue not quite black with bright orange on thier heads, glowlight sort of orange, deep body and more orange on the tail. Any ideas would be appreciated as they were a very attractive wee fish.
-
AR 850
that would be none then?
-
AR 850
I'm downsizing to an AR 850, have a small school of black widow tetra I'd like to put in there, any other suggestions? Cheers.
-
Pet Names
I have a gold severum called Newman after the fat guy in Seinfeld.
-
So I'm looking at my tank and I get to thinking
as you do, that I might make some changes. The tank is 4 foot, 260lt.....................anyway the current occupants are 1 Gold Severum, very placid but doesn't like other Severum, 2 Angels, 4 Keyholes, 2 Tbars (both male), about 12 black widows and 6 odd Serpae and 2 Common Plecs. I was thinking of moving the smaller cichlids and the Serpaes out to a 3 fter and moving in a pair of blue Acara and a pair of Firemouths. From what I can research temperment seems to be about right, do you think I have enought space? Wouldn't mind adding some glam tetras too
-
Bacopa flowering
Um....................... :roll:
-
Bacopa flowering
My Bacopa is flowering at the surface, tiny little purple flowers. Dwarf Sag has a white flower as well. This is the first time for either and I'm stoked. That's all, as you were!!
-
tiger barbs
Yep, you can pretty much set your clock by mine. Head down bum up 9pm every night. They're funny fish, they make me laugh.
-
Serverum's not getting
My 2 are exactly the same so I removed the smaller 1, he had a couple of little nips so sent him to my fish hospital. Anyway a few weeks later I tried to move him back into the main tank but the larger Severum really beat him up so he's living in another tank permanently now
-
I have a 4ft south American set up
Man, the Adolfo's are gorgeous. I also like the Panda's but think they're too small. too many choices!!