January 10, 201115 yr comment_414802 at the local store but can't identify, the shop refered to them as copper rasbora but they don't look anything like them. They were only @ 2cm long, a deep midnight blue not quite black with bright orange on thier heads, glowlight sort of orange, deep body and more orange on the tail. Any ideas would be appreciated as they were a very attractive wee fish. Report
January 10, 201115 yr comment_414811 I saw something which sounds like your description labelled as purble harlequin rasboras at wetpets here in Palmy Does it look like this? Report
January 10, 201115 yr Author comment_414814 yes, that's them I think but the one's I saw had brighter colouring. Will google purple rasbora. Report
January 10, 201115 yr comment_414920 I posted about these a few months ago. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47533 My LFS had them labelled as Goldheaded Purple Harlequins. :facepalm: I believe they are a colour variation of the Harlequin Rasbora (Trigonostigma heteromorpha) Report
January 10, 201115 yr comment_414921 Also, that photo just doesn't do them justice! The really are quiet an attractive fish. I imagine they'd look fantastic in a large school. Report
January 10, 201115 yr Author comment_414934 Yes, i thought they were a pretty little fish. Might go back and see how many there are, if there's a good school I think I'll get them. I'm not keen on regular Harlequins at all but these are nice. Report
January 11, 201115 yr comment_414991 Ohhh just noticed your in Queenstown, which shop are you talking about?? Report
January 12, 201115 yr comment_415133 Nice! I didn't know there was a fish shop in Q'town. Do they have a lot of stock? Might have to pay them a visit next time I'm there. I'd love to get some more I only have 4... Report
January 12, 201115 yr Author comment_415135 They have stocked fish for awhile now, not a huge selection but all in good condition and then there's the shop in Perkins Road, he has been up there for years but haven't you got pleny of selection down there? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.