Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Amazon Tank

Featured Replies

  • Replies 171
  • Views 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

As they say, variety is the spice of life. So Im sure this tank will go through more changes over the coming years. Maybe an African swamp tank full of killie fish. What do you reckon Alan? :lol:

Who knows what will tickle my fancy in the future. Thats the beauty of this hobby (addiction).

Wow that looks great.

But I gotta say, the planted set up was my thing, the new setup is very unique but to me is not as visually stunning as you old setup.

The pictures on page 5 looked the best I think.

Awesome job.

  • 1 year later...

I've just found this thread - thanks A-town for necroposting to bring it to my attention! This has inspired me to plant my tank - the planted pics were absoutely stunning! Beautiful fronts too!

How about an update to see where the tank is now? You've done such an amazing job!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, first time I have been through this thread. AMAZING!!! :o

Im wondering if you can remember what plants you had in the first setup. Just wondering what the name of the tall plant is with the thin blade.

aquarium084.jpg

I started this thread here to find out what it was and it turns out the tank referred to from the banner is your tank. People have commented saying it is Vallisneria sp. "Contortionist". Can you confirm this??

Thanks and Great tank (new and old setup)

:hail:

I started this thread here to find out what it was and it turns out the tank referred to from the banner is your tank. People have commented saying it is Vallisneria sp. "Contortionist". Can you confirm this??

Thanks and Great tank (new and old setup)

:hail:

Just in case you are waiting for a reply, freshwest has not posted here since Sep 08, so not likely to respond to your request.

  • Author

Hi folks. I’m still around .Still a keen fisho. More into marines these days. Still have my Fronts and other tangs. The tank in question is now a marine reef tank, starting to take shape. One of the big differences between corals and plants is ,corals are very slow growing so well take a year or more to start looking good . Compared with a planted tank were it only took a couple of months before I was having to pull out bucket full’s of plants to stop it from being over grown. I do miss that setup. I will post some pic of the new setup soon.

PS the plant in question is Valliseria spiralis var contortionist .

Hi folks. I’m still around .Still a keen fisho. More into marines these days. Still have my Fronts and other tangs. The tank in question is now a marine reef tank, starting to take shape. One of the big differences between corals and plants is ,corals are very slow growing so well take a year or more to start looking good . Compared with a planted tank were it only took a couple of months before I was having to pull out bucket full’s of plants to stop it from being over grown. I do miss that setup. I will post some pic of the new setup soon.

PS the plant in question is Valliseria spiralis var contortionist .

:bounce: The legend shows :lol:

Wow marine tank now....would be great to see :) Thanks for confirming the plant, good luck with the marine tank and welcome back to the forums 8)

  • 1 year later...

Just bumping this thread up for a good read, have been telling people about this tank.. Also would be nice to see the latest version of it if freshwest is still around :)

  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.