July 16, 200719 yr comment_173019 Wow! That looks every bit as good as any planted tank. On a slight side-track, how old/big do fronts have to be before you can sex them? Report
July 17, 200719 yr comment_173143 No plants? I think i might cry! Anyway I prefer the latest fish anyway! Report
July 17, 200719 yr comment_173162 Wow thats pretty amazing. Go Waiuku people! That's were I grew up Report
July 17, 200719 yr Author comment_173226 Thanks for the kind words everyone. As they say, variety is the spice of life. So Im sure this tank will go through more changes over the coming years. Maybe an African swamp tank full of killie fish. What do you reckon Alan? :lol: Who knows what will tickle my fancy in the future. Thats the beauty of this hobby (addiction). Report
July 17, 200719 yr comment_173232 Wow that looks great. But I gotta say, the planted set up was my thing, the new setup is very unique but to me is not as visually stunning as you old setup. The pictures on page 5 looked the best I think. Awesome job. Report
July 18, 200719 yr comment_173301 Maybe an African swamp tank full of killie fish. Rogan reckons HELL YEA!!!! :lol: Report
July 18, 200719 yr comment_173347 It is an impressive and effective setup which looks very professional. Report
July 19, 200719 yr comment_173528 I'm not really a big plant person myself. IMO that set up looks really cool. Report
September 7, 200818 yr comment_261501 Love the new look as well...and I agree, updates????? Caper Report
September 7, 200818 yr comment_261520 just stumbled across this ancient post but awesome planted you hd! Report
September 7, 200818 yr comment_261533 I've just found this thread - thanks A-town for necroposting to bring it to my attention! This has inspired me to plant my tank - the planted pics were absoutely stunning! Beautiful fronts too! How about an update to see where the tank is now? You've done such an amazing job! Report
March 28, 201016 yr comment_363466 Hi, first time I have been through this thread. AMAZING!!! Im wondering if you can remember what plants you had in the first setup. Just wondering what the name of the tall plant is with the thin blade. I started this thread here to find out what it was and it turns out the tank referred to from the banner is your tank. People have commented saying it is Vallisneria sp. "Contortionist". Can you confirm this?? Thanks and Great tank (new and old setup) Report
March 28, 201016 yr comment_363473 I started this thread here to find out what it was and it turns out the tank referred to from the banner is your tank. People have commented saying it is Vallisneria sp. "Contortionist". Can you confirm this?? Thanks and Great tank (new and old setup) Just in case you are waiting for a reply, freshwest has not posted here since Sep 08, so not likely to respond to your request. Report
March 28, 201016 yr Author comment_363509 Hi folks. I’m still around .Still a keen fisho. More into marines these days. Still have my Fronts and other tangs. The tank in question is now a marine reef tank, starting to take shape. One of the big differences between corals and plants is ,corals are very slow growing so well take a year or more to start looking good . Compared with a planted tank were it only took a couple of months before I was having to pull out bucket full’s of plants to stop it from being over grown. I do miss that setup. I will post some pic of the new setup soon. PS the plant in question is Valliseria spiralis var contortionist . Report
March 28, 201016 yr comment_363521 Hi folks. I’m still around .Still a keen fisho. More into marines these days. Still have my Fronts and other tangs. The tank in question is now a marine reef tank, starting to take shape. One of the big differences between corals and plants is ,corals are very slow growing so well take a year or more to start looking good . Compared with a planted tank were it only took a couple of months before I was having to pull out bucket full’s of plants to stop it from being over grown. I do miss that setup. I will post some pic of the new setup soon. PS the plant in question is Valliseria spiralis var contortionist . :bounce: The legend shows :lol: Wow marine tank now....would be great to see Thanks for confirming the plant, good luck with the marine tank and welcome back to the forums 8) Report
August 28, 201115 yr comment_452408 Just bumping this thread up for a good read, have been telling people about this tank.. Also would be nice to see the latest version of it if freshwest is still around Report
August 29, 201115 yr comment_452520 yep thats a nice tank last time ive see that tank setup as a marine setup..nice tank Report
October 6, 201214 yr comment_501083 :digH: Just came across this old thread, wow what an amazing setup, especially when it was planted! Wonder what it looks like now? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.