December 1, 200520 yr comment_77534 I was thinking Contender. However one will run like the wind as they have no chance. Report
December 1, 200520 yr comment_77535 none of my photo's are enhanced. i dont feel so bad now actually my acro's are starting to colour up nicely. i think they will do even better once the new big mutha skimmer goes in. if they dont, i'll just have to brush up on my photoshop skills and make my tank look better than it really is :lol: Report
December 1, 200520 yr comment_77539 More like Fatty and Skinny I reckon! (Used to love those jokes as a kid!!!) :lol: Report
December 1, 200520 yr comment_77541 Everyone of my photos has had the photoshop treatment. Pies Ok Pies, your pics look genuine enough to me. Tell us what you do, and what you think the boundaries should be. Report
December 1, 200520 yr comment_77560 Ok Pies, your pics look genuine enough to me. Tell us what you do I load the photo into Photoshop, crop as required and re-size for posting on the internet. If required I will adjust the brightness, contrast, sharpness or hue to hightlight the subject or to adjust the photo to reflect what it looks like not what the camera defaulted too. I use manual white ballance. and what you think the boundaries should be. Boundaries? Post what you like, no matter how much you doctor your photos the tank will look the same. I'd rater see photoshoped pictures than no pictures at all. There is so much effecting the way the tank looks, blue lights make corals irrodesent, large watt lights make photos over expose, I see no harm in doctoring the photos, your not fooling anyone anyway. *dig* I'd rather see a doctored photo of your own tank than post a pic of someone elses tank insinuating its yours *end dig* Pie Report
December 2, 200520 yr comment_77569 So we need a "dig' Smiley We should also have a "not digging" smiley, so that paraniod people can tell the difference. Report
December 2, 200520 yr comment_77570 Well in that case with your permission Combo, I'll download that photoshopped version of my pic to use next time i edit my tank section Report
December 2, 200520 yr comment_77582 Thanks Combo! BTW I must congratulate you on your English. For someone from Slovenia you talk like you've been living in NZ for years! Report
December 2, 200520 yr comment_77662 Actually I've had a look at the " Combo Shopped" pic of my tank on a pc with a better monitor than mine, it is pretty clear it's been altered, I think I'll stay with my ordinary pic. What you did Combo, has certainly made some things more realistic, but the shaded areas of the tank are almost black, where in the actual tank it does not look like that. Perhaps it's not possible to make a perfect pic out of one that was not right in the first place? BTW, still a few tanks we haven't seen yet, come on guys.... Report
December 2, 200520 yr Author comment_77664 a monitor better than yours ?? do you still have the problem with the sun coming in? my problem with a full tank shot is getting it to look the size it really is my tank looks like a nano in the pic i took. ill have another try when the new sump is in and there are no bubbles Report
December 3, 200520 yr comment_77693 Fay, Ira your tanks are rating well on http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/topten.php/s_1 Any more tanks?? kiwis still holding number 1 spot. Report
December 3, 200520 yr comment_77715 Banggai photo running at 100% http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/friendEmail.php/imID1558 Report
December 3, 200520 yr comment_77719 http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/topten.php/s_1 Someone just gave me a 0/10 for my tank, i wonder who that was. Still number one. Report
December 3, 200520 yr comment_77735 I went on that site to find some NZ tanks. It took about 1/2 hour to find one.(ira's i think so i just left) took to long. Report
December 4, 200520 yr comment_77812 Actually I've had a look at the " Combo Shopped" pic of my tank on a pc with a better monitor than mine, it is pretty clear it's been altered, I think I'll stay with my ordinary pic. .... Of course, I was 10-second job. There is one excellent web page http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/ that is dedicated to reef aquarium photography. Do not forget to pass mouse over pictures. And it was not Photoshop, it was IrfanView. Report
December 5, 200520 yr comment_77862 yeah hey Wasp about photoshopping the pictures - you can basicially mess around with any photo and end up with good results. The pic of your tank was definately good enough quality to manipulate the photo without any problems with the shadows ect. Combos job was just a quick demonstration, and you can see that even a quick edit can have impressive results - with a bit of time you can have a perfect likeness. Its just a matter of how much time you feel is worth "psing around". :lol: There is one guy on RC who had fantastic pics with no photoshopping - they looked really good - however he obviously spends ages taking his photos , - its obviously his hobby. It would be nice if everyone had his ability - PS just helps make a photo from an average camera with an average user look great. Personally I would be proud of have non - ps'd pictures - but only if they were good (which for me is unlikely). Report
December 9, 200520 yr comment_78625 Hmmm... well I've decided not to do any photoshopping for now. When in that other thread I said "not photoshopped", kinda had a nice ring to it Anyhow, it may be OK under some circumstances as you say. Hey I bet it could do wonders for your tank Feelers Report
December 11, 200520 yr comment_78754 Here's a tank that took 3 weeks to setup 800L And the nice centrepiece NO PHOTOSHOP Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.