December 11, 200520 yr comment_78877 Maybe because wasp doesn't want to wreck this thread you have posted in the wrong place bugger off!!!!! WELL SAID Report
December 11, 200520 yr comment_78890 Layton, I am not sure why you are fixated with me at all. Truely - I am not that special! If you really don't have enough to do, make a cup of tea, relax, chill, and read about that great TOTM this month. ENJOY!!! Then allow yourself to move on. Report
December 13, 200520 yr comment_79339 More like a single malt straight up, after some of the crap on here :lol: Layton Report
December 13, 200520 yr comment_79365 Can't play in the mud, without getting dirty! How do you like that TOTM? Report
December 13, 200520 yr comment_79378 Can't say it really caught my eye. I don't think many of the photo's do it justice though. There are just so many tanks which look like that around. I like to see something different or unusually impressive. Layton Report
December 14, 200520 yr comment_79659 Can't say it really caught my eye. Layton There are just so many tanks which look like that around. I like to see something different or unusually impressive. Layton Layton, Come on. Sometimes I just cannot believe you. To me, after Alexander Girz and maybe a couple others, it is the prettiest tank I've seen. If that did not catch your eye, then please post a pic of one that did, I just can't wait to see it. Report
December 14, 200520 yr comment_79663 I agree with Layton, while its obvioulsy awsome, I'm not a fan of the aquascaping. Purely personal preferance of course! Its kind of a "block". I like the more unusual aquascaped tanks - this ones cool. (purely from an aquascaping perspective) Report
December 14, 200520 yr comment_79664 Well, what to say? I don't think your one's a patch on it Feelers, although it's certainly an excellent tank. Anyhow, taste in art is an ephemiral thing, everybody has their own taste so can't judge I guess. Be interested to see what Layton comes up with. Report
December 14, 200520 yr comment_79672 Layton, Come on. Sometimes I just cannot believe you. To me, after Alexander Girz and maybe a couple others, it is the prettiest tank I've seen. If that did not catch your eye, then please post a pic of one that did, I just can't wait to see it. :roll: Once AGAIN you are confused. You asked me about the RK TOTM. IE this tank: NOT that one you posted above. If you just skip to the correct thread ( http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/13-vt3 ... ?start=180 ), you'll see my response to the tank you posted above. It wasn't even discussed in this thread. Once again you totally disregard reality to post stuff made up by yourself just for the sake of arguing with me. It's getting beyond a joke. Layton Report
December 14, 200520 yr comment_79729 Oh yes, I see it now, Laytons right!!! I was confused :lol: Report
December 14, 200520 yr comment_79734 My little faux pas! Actually I'll say it was really just a "tester" I know your awake now :lol: :lol: Report
December 14, 200520 yr comment_79754 The pic I posted was purely for a aquascaping comparison - I wasnt talking about the corals ect, its just that the guy has gone with something a little more individualised. (imo) That was just a quick example, I'll try to find a real cool one, I like looking through others' tanks. Report
December 16, 200520 yr comment_80032 Yes, overhangs etc. can work, but it's hard to get it right. ( For me anyway, I'm totally non artistic ) I'm wanting to do something "different" for my next tank, but I guess everyone does. Think I'll have to have sand too, unless I can hide the BB somehow. I'm thinking of moulding something that looks like sand, but is solid. Report
December 17, 200520 yr comment_80134 I've always wondered whether this was a possability.... New tank..smear a layer of siicon over the base with a wallpaper scaper then sprinkle with sand, kind of like mixing sand with paint to stop people assing over Would this be a go??? Report
December 17, 200520 yr Author comment_80136 there are alot of people in the states making faux sandbeds out of diferent epoxys and sand i would rather just have a bit of sand Report
December 17, 200520 yr comment_80137 Why not just go with sand. A 1 inch layer, and vacuum it regularly to keep it clean. Layton Report
December 17, 200520 yr comment_80143 12'' inch dsb is the way to go. maybe it's a huge timebomb -but with a really long fuse! :lol: I'm probably gonna have a 12'' in my fuge, I dont think the guys off the speights adds would be happy with a "faux sandbed" - Susan chose it, I think it works dont you? 8) Report
December 17, 200520 yr comment_80145 Although I have seen some pretty realistic looking ones - they basicially get a piece of plastic and cover it with sand then cover it with resin. Most of the people I have read about seemed pretty happy with them. Its a bit Martha Stewart if you ask me :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.