Full tank shot thread

Brianemone

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done reef!!!, it'll be interesting to see what happens after a few more votes.

Mine has slipped back to the top 95% of tanks :D.

Hey wasp I thought I found your tank on ratemyfish....

932_1.jpg

tank.jpg,

very similar, :D, I was trying to figure out if you had moved around some rock or something, !!

nice reef, big call rating your own tank #1 8) not hard to become #1 based on your competition. still, i give it 9/10. i say we get some more top nzl reefers to put their tanks up and kick the yanks out of their own game :D

different shaped tank than wasp's feelers!

argh the more i go to www.ratemybigpileofrock.com the more it annoys me!!! how can anyone possibly have a rating of 4.61/10 for this....

2072_2.JPG

it would seriously take me 10 minutes to do that. thats about as natural as helen clarke naked

:D

Actually, it does appear to have a DSB.

Conclusive proof - DSB = incredibly clean tank :D

Is that tank in the reef section? Its not even a FOWLR, its a "FOWBR"

I dont know anything about aquascaping but that one's not pretty. Why would anyone buy large rocks and pile them in such a way? Conceptual reefeing perhaps :lol:

It resembles like one of those fences on old english farms, also looks rather precarious to me. :o

I dont think I would trust its "structural" integrity.

What did that rate?

i rate tanks on three things:

- aquascaping (i like simple or unique but still maintaining a natural look)

- coral variety and placement (a good mix of different size and shape of lps, sps placed in a way that is aesthetically pleasing)

- coral colour (a good mix of all colours. goes without saying, no one likes a dull brown look :D )

sometimes take livestock into account - depending on whether it gives the tank some flare. generally it doesnt need a second look to tell if a tank looks appealing or not!

Wow Combo that's awesome!

I had to take heaps of shots just to get the one that's shown, the others are even worse.

Trouble with doing what you say, it is "photoshoping" the pics, I'm not sure I would want to go there, but it is certainly a better likeness of the tank. I'll have to check out the cammera & see if this can be done at camera settings level.

Trouble with doing what you say, it is "photoshoping" the pics, I'm not sure I would want to go there, but it is certainly a better likeness of the tank.

I've said it before (and got shot down for it), it's a common practise to photoshop pictures, for the very reason you've said. It's hard to get a true likeness of a tank with a digital camera. A few adjustments in photoshop can can result in a picture which gives a more true likeness to the real thing.

Some people just got a bit over the top on the saturation though. :lol:

Layton

Exactly right. i've seen some people crying PHOTOSHOP when a nice pic of a tank is shown but the person complaining does not like the filtration method used for the tank. This despite me being unable to see any sign of it being photoshoped at all.

That's why I'm a little reluctant to do it. It then becomes subjective wether it's been photoshoped "too much".

So how would you suggest photoshoping an image to make it more true to the actual tank, but not be able to be accused of "photoshopping".

Bear in mind many people see their own tank in a better light than neutral people do.

Exactly right. i've seen some people crying PHOTOSHOP when a nice pic of a tank is shown but the person complaining does not like the filtration method used for the tank. This despite me being unable to see any sign of it being photoshoped at all.

Jees, grow up. I know what you're talking about, and it was more than obvious those photo's had saturation levels altered, others agreed with me too. It has nothing to do with how people choose to run their tanks, and comments like that piss me off. Just because it's not obvious to you doesn't mean it's not obvious to others. Especially those with significant experience in the industry.

Layton