Full tank shot thread

Brianemone

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking through the Reefkeeping mag this month I found this:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-12/nftt/index.php

Something which those with Hanna meters should probably take note of. This was something which I was trying to explain to wasp a few days ago (it fell on deaf ears of course).

Precision (Resolution) vs. Accuracy

Layton

Just kind of wondering what it is in that article you're assuming I didn't already know Layton?

Just a question.....

Here's the answer:

I own one. They are a world apart from a hobby kit.

Your lack of experience will explain your remarks, as I suspected.

All the other stuff you said about photo diodes or whatever, is a lot of theories you read somewhere.

The water will be tested for PO4, with the Hanna. We will then be able to find out what your orthophosphate REALLY is, wether your hobby kit is REALLY accurate, and I'll even be able to tell you how often you REALLY clean your glass.

Those quotes exposed your ignorance of the difference between precision and accuracy to me.

That's the reason why I was trying to explain the difference. But your lack of knowledge and blinkered attitude did not allow you to even consider the possibility that maybe there was something to what I was saying. Well someone independent has explained it. Hopefully you understood it.

Layton

Well I answered your question from above.

All you could do is pass mine off as a "game of answer 20 silly questions", and said it was going nowhere. Turns out it was.

Rather than just dismissing what I say, for the simple reason that your don't have enough knowledge in what your talking about (ignorance), you could actually listen, and think about was is said.

Layton

Nope, just the truth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Also, if you're going to quote me, don't take it out of context in order to dramatise it.

I said:

Those quotes exposed your ignorance of the difference between precision and accuracy to me.

NOT

Those quotes exposed your ignorance.

As you both posted.

Layton