Who is preparing for Christmas?

Adrienne

I will have 2 dogs and a 1 year old grandson, among others, at my place for Christmas so looking to child-safe the lounge. Our tree will be up high (just use the top two tiers and put it on top of the pellet fire) and a bit of furniture arranged to stop him reaching it. I might get a playpen to put around the hearth instead. I had one but gave it to his parents to put the baby in. The baby stays outside of it and their guitars and amps are in the playpen!

I'm off tree shopping today.  My black fibre optic tree is falling apart and this year I want something a bit different - not the usual fake tree that you can only seem to get from The Warehouse but something different - maybe a light tree if I can find a nice one somewhere.

So, tree first - think of the rest later.

I need something small that can be put out of reach of 2 dogs and a 1 year old then kiddie proof the lounge area.

I think I will get down my big 8ft tree and see if I can use just the top two tiers and put it on top of the pellet fire with the huge cane woodbox in front (have been unable to find a cheap wooden playpen to put around the hearth).

Just bought a dancing fairy in a tutu.

Ugh...Christmas.  Dad and his girlfriend are visiting.  Have spent the last couple weeks tearing down the spare bedroom and moving it to another room, because the spare bedroom has the cat door in it.  So, can't shut the door.  And we had to get rid of the spare bed because it was too uncomfortable, now we have no spare bed.

Once I'm done removing all the shelves and everything from the other room...We have to find what to do about a bed, then make a couple trips to the tip to throw crap away.  Maybe we'll put our bed into the spare bedroom and sleep on cots for a month.

Oh and still have to figure out what to do about presents.  Ugh, I hate christmas.

Clearly its not your cup of tea Ira.

We have family (son and partner) arriving to stay for eight days next Saturday night so I painted our biggest spare room around three weeks ago.  Then two days later my daughter and son-in-law's house sold so they and their dog are moving back in with us on 13 December, until next September while they build again.  This meant the slightly smaller spare room was painted and wardrobes, study, cupboards, garage, garden shed and attic cleared out to fit the house load of furniture in - as storage up here is an arm and a leg per week.

But, today hubby and I headed out shopping armed with a list of 22 items (not all Christmas) to buy.  Three hours later we arrived home with 17 of those 22 items.  This year we thought outside the square for presents and let google do the searching for alternative shops to purchase from.  It has been a great success.

Christmas at my house is 18 December as my son and partner depart on 20th.  Christmas with the extended family is 25th.  I've been testing out new healthy treat recipes i.e. truffles and cupcakes on anyone who cares to drop in.

Here are a few Xmas pics of a small sample of the decorations up at our house.  I do love Christmas time!

photo_1_copy_2.thumb.jpg.7e76aaca5d09659

photo_1_copy.thumb.jpg.5ec680071f9dafad1

photo_2_copy_2.thumb.jpg.8d8e8de1a7c833a

photo_2_copy.thumb.jpg.dc3b6d01dd16627d6

photo_3_copy_2.thumb.jpg.a117dc3eed95ae2

photo_4_copy.thumb.jpg.67882443243856ab3

Edited by Adrienne

Ugh, I hate christmas.

Plus 1!

Xmas preparation?  For me that's means pruning trees, mowing & spraying the grass, buying heaps of cleaning supplies (over $500 of toilet paper = 1 month supply), last minute painting and repairs, spring cleaning cabins, kitchen, shower & toilet block, plus 1000 other chores. And taking as much time off to go kayaking or fishing before the most chaotic couple of months of the year hits.  If Xmas day is like last year, I will either have to do the rounds of the campers stealing sausages of their BBQ's or else I might just have time to open a can of baked beans for dinner.... O.o The joys of running a camping ground. :D

Another non fan of christmas.

As for a bed Ira try http://budgetbeds.co.nz/

Lol - we have a new bed and mattress arriving on Friday - well I hope it arrives on Friday!

Hubby and I need to take a ride on the bike down to Kawhia and see whats there. :)

Edited by Adrienne

Another non fan of christmas.

As for a bed Ira try http://budgetbeds.co.nz/

Looks like we're going with the plan to move our bed into the spare bedroom, then we'll borrow an extra cot and sleep on those.

Then we're looking at getting one of these: http://www.hiddenbed.co.nz/range-1/desk-bed-single-bed

Been planning to for a while, just never have. Or should say, wifey has been planning it, I was happy with the bunk/folding sofa bed thing we had.

On the upside, I'm throwing out soooo much old useless fish crap.  Found a 150w metal halide I'd forgotten about.  It's going in the trash though, I haven't used it in something like 6 years.  Also a fishtank I didn't know I had.

Keeping the 7 heaters I have for some reason(Probably bad), throwing out the 4 airpumps...

Oh dear I seem to have lost the text in the previous post lol... And the pic is sideways :/ ah well 

Hehe, love the shot of your golden relaxing in front of the marine tank Adrienne. Clearly xmas agrees with her :P

Went and got us a tree the other day. The cats have decided that the red baubles (not any other ornaments, just the RED ones) aren't worthy of being on the tree so there has been a daily pick up of ornaments since it went up. Meanwhile everyone has been preparing for the upcoming 6 xmas parties in the next week :/ tis the season

Though it's our first Christmas in Christchurch, I've been ordered back to the northern motherland for the actual event, so I have to fly to Auckland on the 19th, before driving up to Whangarei. Nothing like a beachside Christmas. Most of the members of my family are adults, so we've ditched the presents idea and just concentrating on food and company. Though my sister is coming over from Aus and bringing her brand new twins over, so I figured I would at least buy them presents, only to make sure they're dressed correctly for the rugby.

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 8.45.31 pm.png

Oh dear I seem to have lost the text in the previous post lol... And the pic is sideways :/ ah well 

Hehe, love the shot of your golden relaxing in front of the marine tank Adrienne. Clearly xmas agrees with her :P

Went and got us a tree the other day. The cats have decided that the red baubles (not any other ornaments, just the RED ones) aren't worthy of being on the tree so there has been a daily pick up of ornaments since it went up. Meanwhile everyone has been preparing for the upcoming 6 xmas parties in the next week :/ tis the season

If you spray a small amount of citrus on the tree they won't go near it :)

We do not exchange presents either but get together for good food and conversation (or a few games of Cards Against Humanity this year :D )

Tree was more difficult than expected and had to have a few mods done to keep it upright as half a tree, out of reach of 1 year old.

We will have around 15 people at our house Christmas Day but everyone chips in and brings something edible and we fire up the BBQ. Very relaxed.

The Christmas cake is for the local Stroke Club which is having an end of year lunch next week.Christmas_tree_2015.thumb.jpg.ad3957207cChristmas_lights_2015.thumb.jpg.790d35dfStroke_Club_Christmas_cake_2015.thumb.jp