October 9, 201510 yr comment_564187 Is the forum fairly slow lately? I'm fairly new to FNZAS/Aquarium World but feel like the activity has dropped heaps even since I've joined.Has it always been like this - hence the rebranding? Maybe I just talk too much. Report
October 9, 201510 yr comment_564188 The joys of the modern age and the instant gratification of today's social media, facebook etc.started about 3 years ago.At least in here your question or tank log doesn't disappear down the page and into the internetness It is almost like digital immortality.The rebranding was done to integrate the website and forums into one package and to catch up with technology and the way the average person gets their fish info now.Aquariumworld.nz: Sept 1 - Sept 30 2015. Sessions 15,448 Edited October 9, 201510 yr by livingart Report
October 10, 201510 yr Author comment_564202 The joys of the modern age and the instant gratification of today's social media, facebook etc.started about 3 years ago.At least in here your question or tank log doesn't disappear down the page and into the internetness It is almost like digital immortality.The rebranding was done to integrate the website and forums into one package and to catch up with technology and the way the average person gets their fish info now.Aquariumworld.nz: Sept 1 - Sept 30 2015. Sessions 15,448 Yeah, I suppose. :\Maybe Aquarium World should setup a Facebook Group? - Dev Report
October 10, 201510 yr comment_564205 Oh No, not the dreaded Facebook, it would make the Forum as dead as a dodo, surely. I must admit that traffic /discussion seems very slow, and you almost need to live in Auckland and keep cichlids to get any response. Or maybe its just that its spring and all the sensible folks are outside enjoying the weather & mowing the lawns . Report
October 10, 201510 yr Author comment_564207 Oh No, not the dreaded Facebook, it would make the Forum as dead as a dodo, surely. I must admit that traffic /discussion seems very slow, and you almost need to live in Auckland and keep cichlids to get any response. Or maybe its just that its spring and all the sensible folks are outside enjoying the weather & mowing the lawns .Outside!? But I'm rescaping my 15g today! Report
October 11, 201510 yr comment_564216 We ARE on Facebook.Many may not have bothered switching to the new site and logging in again as required.Also, lovely weather and time to be in the garden so daylight saving has them enjoying the sunshine. Report
October 12, 201510 yr comment_564243 Personally, I've been really busy with business & expo stuff (I imagine others attending the Auckland Pet Expo have been pretty busy also) - so haven't had any chance to check the forums! The new ease of use has definitely made it better for me to check regularly, though Report
October 12, 201510 yr comment_564248 Oh No, not the dreaded Facebook, it would make the Forum as dead as a dodo, surely. I must admit that traffic /discussion seems very slow, and you almost need to live in Auckland and keep cichlids to get any response. Or maybe its just that its spring and all the sensible folks are outside enjoying the weather & mowing the lawns .We have a facebook page and a facebook group and some of our clubs have facebook groups. However most of the club groups are really only buy and sell pages. Ours is not. We've had them for at least four years. The disadvantage with facebook is that once you post, unless it is topical and remains so, then it disappears down the page never to appear again. Report
October 12, 201510 yr comment_564251 https://www.facebook.com/FNZAShttps://www.facebook.com/groups/FNZAS/ Report
October 13, 201510 yr comment_564269 Just trying to look at the site on my phone. First time I have used internet on phone. Why do people prefer to do this rather than use a computer? It is small & fiddly! Report
October 13, 201510 yr comment_564273 Just trying to look at the site on my phone. First time I have used internet on phone. Why do people prefer to do this rather than use a computer? It is small & fiddly! Because they're insane is the only reason I can think of. Report
October 13, 201510 yr comment_564276 Can be used on the go and is actually quite easy on larger mobile devices like tablets and IPads, plus autocorrect Report
October 13, 201510 yr comment_564277 What are these mobile devices called tablets and Ipads? Us oldies do not require autocorrect as we were taught to spell correctly in the first place Report
October 13, 201510 yr comment_564278 Us oldies do not require autocorrect as we were taught to spell correctly in the first place Ouch Report
October 13, 201510 yr Author comment_564283 Can be used on the go and is actually quite easy on larger mobile devices like tablets and IPads, plus autocorrect Autocorrect hardly seems like an argument. I'm a touch typist but hopeless at txting, when I was in the states we all just called each other on our mobiles as our plans allowed for it. Then I came here in 2008 and you heathens were all txting. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.