Reputation Activity
-
Devrens reacted to SanityChelle in Sorority in a 10 Gallon Long?I have a sorority of fighters in a 30L tank (5 currently, but I have had a max of 8 in the space). It has a good footprint and lots of planting to break the space up. There's always going to be a little chasing for the first few days, but they'll settle in eventually, and if they don't, you may just have one that's over aggressive. It's good to have a back up space if one of the girls has a bad temper.
-
Devrens reacted to Adrienne in Sorority in a 10 Gallon Long?10 gallon - 40 litres? They should be fine and they do not need to be from the same spawn, being females. However there are times - like when there is a big low pressure system around - females will fight, just like males do. I used to keep many females in tanks that size. Just make sure the water conditions are kept optimal.
-
Devrens got a reaction from flatfish in Tragedy at 2am... :(I had to rush the scaping of the new tank last night, we had a family dinner to attend which left me with one hell of a time limit. However, I wanted to get my Gourami out of the other tank as he was being a little terror...
So as of this morning this is how I'm looking...have a lot of growing in to do and discovered that I had some BBA on the back of one of my pieces of driftwood that is now facing the front. So will pickup some Excel next time I'm out to hopefully nip that in the bud.
Overall, it still has a lot of growing in to do!
-
Devrens reacted to flatfish in Tragedy at 2am... :(I have a few second hand tanks with fish in and my 6 foot tank is probably 20 years old. A level surface and some poly seems to work well.
-
Devrens got a reaction from flatfish in Tragedy at 2am... :(Well I went to bunnings first thing today and got a couple 2x4s cut for bracing. Then spent the morning with level getting the desktop level as possible before running to HFF in Albany and grabbing a new tank.
So the silver lining was an excuse for a bigger tank. Though I certainly don't want a repeat. I also learned at HFF that not having Styrofoam under the old tank probably doomed me further. The more you know!
-
Devrens got a reaction from Silverdollarboy2 in Tragedy at 2am... :(Well I went to bunnings first thing today and got a couple 2x4s cut for bracing. Then spent the morning with level getting the desktop level as possible before running to HFF in Albany and grabbing a new tank.
So the silver lining was an excuse for a bigger tank. Though I certainly don't want a repeat. I also learned at HFF that not having Styrofoam under the old tank probably doomed me further. The more you know!
-
Devrens reacted to Colour_genes in Curious about activity...Oh No, not the dreaded Facebook, it would make the Forum as dead as a dodo, surely. I must admit that traffic /discussion seems very slow, and you almost need to live in Auckland and keep cichlids to get any response. Or maybe its just that its spring and all the sensible folks are outside enjoying the weather & mowing the lawns .