Other forums people use

camtang

I have memberships to dozens of different forums (aquarium and other), planet catfish, cichlid forum, aquaria central, aquatic photography, reef central, reefkeepers, NZMAS, oscarfish.com, waterwolves, simply discus, arofanatics, etc etc, but the only other one I read on a regular basis is Monsterfishkeepers.com. I've been a member since nearly day one as I knew one of the guys who set it up off another forum, and the sheer volume of experience on nearly every aspect of the hobby from building to breeding to photography to importing is unsurpassed. This forum is great for local knowledge (and yes there are some very knowledgeable people here), but the DIY and Set Up & Filtration forums on MFK and the regular users who frequent them are gold for anyone interested in large tanks.

Are there any other sites/forums like this in NZ?

I think I found this one by chance when I googled a problem and this forum came up in the results. It's the only one I belong to but know of some of the others mentioned. However, they're not NZ so aren't so helpful to me.

Not NZ based fish forums - this is the only one. There is a cost to the person/organisation setting them up and then it relies on volunteers, which are hard to come by these days, to maintain them.

This is why the FNZAS hopes that those using the fishroom will join a local club, which is not expensive, and by doing this give back a small amount to support the site which helps them. :D

there are a bunch I'm on. this is the only fish one, the others all reflect various life stages(such as a parenting one) or interests like craft, or design.

I probably lurk on here the most though.

Do you go under zombiefish on the parenting one? :sml1: