handy fishkeeping tools

disgustipated

handiest 'tools' for anyone keeping more than a nano tank are a siphon hose that reaches out the nearest window/drain and a dedicated clean 'indoor' hose for refilling the tank afte a water change (pro tip; dragging the dirty leaking garden hose thru the house will not make you popular). I haven't used a bucket, aside from rinsing media and acclimatising fish, in years.

A long length of really think plastic tubing (Bunnings sell some real thin stuff) is great for acclimatising new fish too, I hate the bag floating method...

handiest 'tools' for anyone keeping more than a nano tank are a siphon hose that reaches out the nearest window/drain and a dedicated clean 'indoor' hose for refilling the tank afte a water change (pro tip; dragging the dirty leaking garden hose thru the house will not make you popular). I haven't used a bucket, aside from rinsing media and acclimatising fish, in years.

A long length of really think plastic tubing (Bunnings sell some real thin stuff) is great for acclimatising new fish too, I hate the bag floating method...

+ 1 on the long siphon hose.

I'm lucky that I have a window near my tank that I get away with bringing the garden hose in through (helps that I'm the wife too :gigl: )

Also don't use the floating bag method. Acclimatising fish is better done in a bucket.

And I too have a husband as a tool. He gets to suck on the outlet pipe of the external filters to get them going :slfg: :sick:

One of these

509793.jpg

i agree its got to be the most awesome thing out water changes in my 250 ltr done 10 mins 40% water change love it i also hooked it up to both my hot and cold water at the same time so i get the right temp every time

my other most awesome tool is the paint scraper (red handle replaceable blades) about $5 and nice holding no more scrubbing sponges no more sharp blades for shaving just a nice handle that i keep away from the silicone and takes all the algie away from the glass