NCEA Results out online!

emaytiti

Hoping to get into social media with a hint of design and photography, combining the big 3 things I'm good at really. Don't need any fancy science marks or anything, that's what I like about that industry, it's more laid back :)

You sit 5 or 6 still, but now if you don't get enough combined credits, then you don't get NCEA Level 1, 2, or 3. Each subject is individually graded, so you can pass a subject in Level 2 but not get Level 2 overall.

I think Level One is like School Cert (5th Form?) and Level Three is like Bursary (7th Form).

NCEA is pathetic. You get 6 subjects with each having about 24 credits each. 6x24=144 credits. You need 80 to pass or 60 if you got over 100 in the previous NCEA level. So say you got 100 credits in L1 and got 60 in L2 then you have L1 and L2... It's pretty hard to fail really, you can fail 64 credits and still pass :facepalm:

I fear that the education system is getting worse instead of better. When you consider that most of the really clever improvements in society have been achieved by people who would not have been cosidered clever at school you have to wonder where the education system is heading. I have a friend who new he wanted to be a commercal artist when he left school and completely failed every other subject but got 98% for SC art and has even been an international judge and very successful commercially.He was and is very clever but only interested in art and martial arts (now 8th dan at karate). Look at branston--total failure at school in everything but sport, Einstein sent home with a note saying he was incapable of learning. Silicone valley is full of misfits from the present education system. Makes you wonder. There may be hope for me yet.

NCEA is pathetic

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

When I saw my results online I thought I'd failed level 2 for sure but then it said I passed so I'm quite surprised. It's not all about having this many credits at this level to get this job, doesn't matter if I got excellence endorsed for all 3 levels if I suck at designing magazine covers, I still won't get a job there.